Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The better flick is:
Firefox 3 42.86%
Coogan's Bluff 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2007, 03:48 AM

Default About This Forum

So is there anyone else who thinks the best way to handle problems we have with this forum in the future is in house rather than draggin it to ATF? Even if the complaints are about Iron's modding, I'd rather simply have it taken to him here and rejected than drag ATF into it again.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: About This Forum

Yes. Most of the complaints come off as whining and make the rest of the forum look bad.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:16 AM

Yeah. An in house "About the Forums" thread in politics might be a good idea. For those that absolutely have to make a big deal about some perceived injustice, it gives them a place to do so.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:17 AM

I'm sure Mat doesn't like the dirty laundry in there, but I have a sneaking suspicion it spices up the ATF trolls mundane lives. I know it gives BluffThis a chance to wax poetic about all that is wrong with the politics forum, and a chance for those who are traumatized by the discourse in this forum to rail against the 'harsh' tone or whatever their beef is. Sometimes the politics threads in ATF, although unruly, can be amusing on many levels.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So is there anyone else who thinks the best way to handle problems we have with this forum in the future is in house rather than draggin it to ATF? Even if the complaints are about Iron's modding, I'd rather simply have it taken to him here and rejected than drag ATF into it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was never the people who had problems with the forum that wanted to go to ATF. The mods had shutdown feedback on the Politics forum within the forum, so it went to the only place available.

This is not really a criticism; It is called "About the Forums", after all. You can make a good case for moving and making such threads there, but I think in house would be much better.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was never the people who had problems with the forum that wanted to go to ATF. The mods had shutdown feedback on the Politics forum within the forum, so it went to the only place available.

This is not really a criticism; It is called "About the Forums", after all. You can make a good case for moving and making such threads there, but I think in house would be much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at really. ATF is certainly the official place for such things, but it seems like most people, particularly Mat, would be much happier if it was handled in here.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:39 AM

I have a question/complaint:

Iron has deleted a link I made to a video on my blog. The link was not to my blog in general, it was to a specific video in there. I could have also linked to the google video or youtube (I don't remember which) page, but I don't see how that should matter. I have many relevant links on my blog to the different isssues and that way people can easily find it if they want to.

To restate: the link was *relevant*. So why should that be a problem?

I also remember having positive feedback in this forum to that specific link/video.

Also:
I have linked many times to podcasts and websites that are either of my own or that I am affiliated with, and have never received one complaint.

So what's up?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 AM

Have you PMed iron81 about it?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you PMed iron81 about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some other guy pm-ed me about it saying that iron can't pm me because I have him on ignore. I'm pm-ed back to that guy about it.

But I also thought it was something that should be more out in the open for debate and clarity.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:56 AM

If iron just axed it for the link to the blog site, just link to the YouTube version and be done with it.