Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: For one night
Sloane 38 41.76%
Tori 53 58.24%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Those Darned Politics Mods!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my point is more that I prefer open non-dogmatic debate, so I prefer a different debate than you make it into.

[/ QUOTE ]

You prefer debates where people don't have opinions? Is that even possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

No i.e. you wrote in one thread:
"That's true, it could be considered not theft if you assume that we're slaves to society. I'm not a slave though, I'm a free man. If I own something, it is mine, no matter what society says about it."

That's a non-dogmatic way of debating. You acknowledge that you make an assumption and that your opinions are based on your value set and you state that you think a conflicting assumption (slaves to society) is wrong. You don't jump directly to "taxation is theft", here is the proof.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You realize you've hijacked this thread with a political discussion, right? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, which is a bit moronic as I agree with most of you guys about most things on the subject of modding. I had a point somewhere 100 posts ago that modding should be based on the Politics-population as it is (containing i.e many AC'ists) and not on a fantasy utopia politics-forum but it drowned.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:57 PM

I agree with Arfinn here. The very act of claiming possession of something for oneself is an axiom of AC. I just think that any other way of looking at possession leads to absurd conclusions, used to justify the arbitrary appropriation of property. I can certainly look at some way of life and say "that sucks". Of course, it's subjective. But I feel most people would agree.
Closed Thread