Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 11:44 AM

Default My Featured Article in Bluff Magazine

I think (hope) this will be helpful to a lot of you. Lemme know what you think. A couple small errors were pointed out in the HSNL thread, so please don't point them out again. They will be fixed soon.

[ QUOTE ]
Link

The article is a good read, way better than most strat articles in bluff/cardplayer. It's also going to be in the latest edition of bluff. Anyways I suggest you take a look.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post9678146
Old 03-25-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: My Featured Article in Bluff Magazine

[ QUOTE ]
I think (hope) this will be helpful to a lot of you. Lemme know what you think. A couple small errors were pointed out in the HSNL thread, so please don't point them out again. They will be fixed soon.

[ QUOTE ]
Link

The article is a good read, way better than most strat articles in bluff/cardplayer. It's also going to be in the latest edition of bluff. Anyways I suggest you take a look.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post9678146

[/ QUOTE ]

Great article. Loved it.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:46 PM

What edition in Bluff was this supposed to be in? I haven't received the April edition yet. Though I noticed now my Feb. version never arrived either despite I got the March. Unless somehow I misplaced it somewhere. Anyone know what the cover of Feb looked like?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 PM

Is the term "Sklansky dollars" actually in The Theory of Poker? I thought it was just internet shorthand. But I haven't read ToP in a long time.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What edition in Bluff was this supposed to be in? I haven't received the April edition yet. Though I noticed now my Feb. version never arrived either despite I got the March. Unless somehow I misplaced it somewhere. Anyone know what the cover of Feb looked like?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's in the April.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:44 PM

Alright, when April version comes, I'll read it first thing, even if it's the 10'th time. While I did skim the online one (roughly) it was rather lengthty so I sort of sped-read probably too fast to take much in. I'll go over it again hopefully soon.

It's been along time since I read TOP but I don't remember Sklansky Dollars being used in that book either. I just did a quick skim through and didn't find it either but I admit I didn't dig too deep.

I will try and give that book a good read-over starting next month as well.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, when April version comes, I'll read it first thing, even if it's the 10'th time. While I did skim the online one (roughly) it was rather lengthty so I sort of sped-read probably too fast to take much in. I'll go over it again hopefully soon.

It's been along time since I read TOP but I don't remember Sklansky Dollars being used in that book either. I just did a quick skim through and didn't find it either but I admit I didn't dig too deep.

I will try and give that book a good read-over starting next month as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

What book did Sklansky talk about them? I haven't read TOP in over a year, and I think I lent it out to someone and haven't gotten it back.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:18 AM

not in TOP at least.

Very great article. Also, did you write any other articles (I remember you mentioned something about differences between MSNL/HSNL?), link?
Old 03-28-2007, 10:21 AM

Alright, my magazine hasn't arrived yet, but I re-read the online article. It's ok, and I think all poker writers make little mistakes here & there that end up in print, so that's almost expected.

I understand what you're saying and don't have much problem with it. I'm just puzzled with all the hoopla in the higher stakes thread about it. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to cut you down or anything it's just... I don't understand what is with the overly thrilled posts.

I can only conclude either I am missing some important concept here, or there are a lot of bad players browsing the higher stakes forum who really have no business there. O_o

Anyhow, it seems your article is getting a lot of POSITIVE remarks from 2+2 kids, which is a good thing of course. There has been some bad taste going around in the recent past and it's good to see some amends between the 2+2 & Bluff group.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying and don't have much problem with it. I'm just puzzled with all the hoopla in the higher stakes thread about it. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to cut you down or anything it's just... I don't understand what is with the overly thrilled posts.

I can only conclude either I am missing some important concept here, or there are a lot of bad players browsing the higher stakes forum who really have no business there. O_o

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be missing some important concepts. Obviously I'm biased, but you can see that many very good players agree with me that it is an important article

I don't think there is a more important aspect of poker than the one I wrote about.

They might also be overly thrilled because no one who beats no limit games as big as I the ones I do has written something that in depth on poker.