Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Jman\'s River c/r Hand of the Week (300/600nl)

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe because that riverbet is taking it one step too far?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Saying that constitutes talking about the hand.

I disagree btw. I have 3 pairs!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't post high level thinking stuff here. This is the most interesting hand I've ever posted on 2p2 and no one seems to want to talk about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you should call or not but value betting this thinly against good players isn't a very good idea.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I usually don't post high level thinking stuff here. This is the most interesting hand I've ever posted on 2p2 and no one seems to want to talk about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you should call or not but value betting this thinly against good players isn't a very good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
elaborate
Old 01-08-2007, 10:03 AM

Sorry if these are stupid questions... I don't play against thinking players.

Is he always 3-betting 66-88 preflop?

He c/rs A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] almost all of the time, in addition to any 9 or 55, right? How do you think he plays 67/78/68 on the flop?

Does he peel the flop with A-high ever on this board? K-high?

I think this is a fold. I can really only see two ways that this can be a bluff, and they're both big long shots, IMHO:

1) He didn't 3-bet pre with a KQ/KJ/KTish hand and decided to peel the flop.
2) He chose not to 3-bet pre with 22/33/44/66, and decided to turn them into bluffs on the river.

I hate your river bet, but I don't know what I'm talking about, and I'm biased by results.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:07 AM

Would you expect a good player at these limits to be capable of playing 86 this way?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:09 AM

I hate betting this river, what are you looking to get value from? I dont think he's calling with a 5. As played, i dont think I call this. But I mean I saw the hand so I am a little bit biased since I already know the results.

Not to mention this guy loves to check-raise all-in and knows your weak when you make a bet like that (you would have bet an A or trips on the turn), so that doesnt help your case for betting much.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]

Because good players quickly realize you are value betting very thinly and check raise you AI.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:17 AM

aba,
What hands does he call the flop with that he would decide to bluff the river with?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if these are stupid questions... I don't play against thinking players.

Is he always 3-betting 66-88 preflop?

He c/rs A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] almost all of the time, in addition to any 9 or 55, right? How do you think he plays 67/78/68 on the flop?

Does he peel the flop with A-high ever on this board? K-high?

I think this is a fold. I can really only see two ways that this can be a bluff, and they're both big long shots, IMHO:

1) He didn't 3-bet pre with a KQ/KJ/KTish hand and decided to peel the flop.
2) He chose not to 3-bet pre with 22/33/44/66, and decided to turn them into bluffs on the river.

I hate your river bet, but I don't know what I'm talking about, and I'm biased by results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not stupid questions at all. This is a good analysis.

I don't know how he plays 66-88 preflop. I would guess that he is calling with them most of the time. He could peel with A high on flop, but I don't think he'd call with KQ no draw OOP.

I have a lot of trouble putting him on a hand here because he didn't raise the flop. I thought he would raise and 9, any flush draw, any gutter, and a lot of air. Because of the pace of the match, I could not see him slowplaying a big hand here ever. I really felt that he had a 5 or something like that on the flop.

On the river, my vb was definitely very thin. I didnt expect him to call many hands, but I didn't think he could have a 9 or a boat(unless he had 77). I thought an Ace was unlikely because he'd be more likely to bet the river with it than c/c, because of his image as a bluffer and my image as a semi-station. The flop was somewhat drawy, and the turn was somewhat of a scare card, so I thought he may see it as a good opportunity for me to bluff, repping the Ace.

theUsher and Urindanger were sweating me and right as I bet, I asked what they would do if he raises. Just then he shoves. I think that my hand looks like Ax or a bluff, and that makes it a very good spot for a c/r from him. I wondered if he could make a sick value c/r with TP, but he is 3betting most suited aces. Definitely ATs+, so I dont think he can value c/r an ace. I think 77 is his most likely non-bluff here, with 55 or 95s being next, as I could possibly see him slowplaying a boat on the flop. I dont think he'd risk it with just trips and with his image.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate betting this river, what are you looking to get value from? I dont think he's calling with a 5. As played, i dont think I call this. But I mean I saw the hand so I am a little bit biased since I already know the results.

Not to mention this guy loves to check-raise all-in and knows your weak when you make a bet like that (you would have bet an A or trips on the turn), so that doesnt help your case for betting much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't bet most aces on the turn. TY for not revealing results yet.