Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 06:21 PM

Default Re: 6th Street Decision. $5/$10 Stud High.

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of players will play a buried pair (especially Aces or Kings) passively until 5th, then make a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is bad in holdem, it's worse in stud.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:24 PM

Could be TT down and he is waiting to raise on a big street. I think you can give it up 5th without losing too much sleep over it. I would certain keep an eye on the guy down the road though if you do.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could be TT down and he is waiting to raise on a big street. I think you can give it up 5th without losing too much sleep over it. I would certain keep an eye on the guy down the road though if you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is always possibility (as is pocket 2's) but with only 1 king dead in a HU pot with 2 pair, I'd lean toward check/calling it down.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is always possibility (as is pocket 2's) but with only 1 king dead in a HU pot with 2 pair, I'd lean toward check/calling it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

check/call is ok 6th if you want to spend the cash on 5th. i dont know about betting out 6th though, which seems to be the question....i'd rather give myself the chance to suck out cheaply [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a perfectly reasonable position. I don't think folding Five is terrible. I discounted TT somewhat (and made the argument to play on) because villain would be playing TT like this to hide his strength on 3rd as a symptom of Fancy Play Syndrome, hoping to catch concealed trips. There is no other reason not to raise Third with (TT) after a Nine completes.

Having done just what he wanted (made concealed trips), Villain could raise Fourth and still conceal the true strength of his hand, which would look like a two-pair hand to his opponent.

I may well be wrong in this expectation, but since the play would be sufficiently Fancy for a FPS patient, I would have expected a raise on Fourth in a heads-up pot if he made Three Tens.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:34 PM

IMO not re-rasing 3rd with TT in the hole is not FPS. He's got a king and the BI to act behind him, and his kicker is weak so if OP is raising with JJ or better in the hole/ hand like 9A9 then he is keeping the pot small to keep his decisions on later streets easier.

This hand screams you are beat whether its by AA or TT, I think you gotta fold 5th (although I'd probably call down cause I donk off chips like that ... hard to fold this in heat of the moment).