Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 08:39 PM

Default (LC) The mixed games on FTP are WOOT!

Played about 3 hours of "HA" (PL Holdem/Omaha mixed) last night and I gotta say the games were juicy as hell.

Lots of HE players who didn't know squat about Omaha. And the HE players were generally terrible anyway. I was at the .50/1 tables (mostly because I still kinda suck at Omaha [but not as much as the opposition] and didn't want to play Omaha for $200 stacks) and at the 6-max tables there were usually 4 donks and a TAG who played way too tightly and couldn't adjust to deep stacks (which are easy to come by in the action-packed Omaha rounds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

My favorite hand of the night was Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button, on a K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop. We got all in and my opponents with JJxx and KKJx (poor guy with JJ didn't even have an out, lol) -- neither one had a spade draw -- berated me for "sucking out" and "going all-in on a draw".

Lol wrapaments.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Re: (LC) The mixed games on FTP are WOOT!

ive been taking a beating.

TTxx vs AK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x

he raised pre i call, flop KQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i bet he calls, turn K i crai, river 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

not even that bad a beat but it pissed the [censored] out of me. and some douche in my home game pwned me with a NFD when he called a big overbet on the flop when i had a lower flush draw [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] im poker pissed
Old 12-08-2006, 08:45 PM

nh.. you must be the suckout king!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

TTxx vs AK[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x

he raised pre i call, flop KQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i bet he calls, turn K i crai, river 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not be happy at all about TT here and would almost never bet OOP. What turn cards do you like?

Also if xx doesn't add anything to your hand you should probably fold preflop.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:14 AM

mixed games at this point are very juicy imo. esp the smallish stakes tables 50/1 and 25c/50c...
Old 12-09-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

not even that bad a beat but it pissed the [censored] out of me. and some douche in my home game pwned me with a NFD when he called a big overbet on the flop when i had a lower flush draw [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] im poker pissed

[/ QUOTE ]

your FH looks really bad here. i'd want to go to showdown as cheap as possible. fold to psb on river
Old 12-09-2006, 01:59 AM

man, i love these things...my favourite is the HO (limit HE and limit o8)....Ivey's palying HOSE with dags and an unknown right now btw.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and my opponents with JJxx and KKJx (poor guy with JJ didn't even have an out, lol) -- neither one had a spade draw -- berated me for "sucking out" and "going all-in on a draw".

[/ QUOTE ]
Just say "I had the straight on the flop, morons".
Old 12-09-2006, 07:12 AM

btw, i tried 6-tabling the PLHA25 game. it's like 1.5x as hard as 6-tabling NLHE
Old 12-09-2006, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, i tried 6-tabling the PLHA25 game. it's like 1.5x as hard as 6-tabling NLHE

[/ QUOTE ]

And you have exactly 1.5x times as many cards in HA, on average, as in HE. This is not an accident. Do you see why?