Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 10:11 PM

Default Re: A classic AA RR hand

Lead out for 80 on the river.

P.S. Bet flop.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:20 PM

Um why all these fancy lines? Bet flop/shove turn looks good to me.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:21 PM

The difference is there is a kind of tight villain that WILL fold a K high flop after being 3-bet.

Check-bet-bet let's you get in two bets every single time. Bet-check-bet may not go anywhere at all. If you check, you will almost always hear from AK and nut flush draws on the flop anyway.

Overall I like it. I'd block that river for about $70. I don't think he'll bluff enough to make check-call worthwhile and you may end up losing more when you are behind.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:33 PM

Meh flop is whatever.

I would bet river for value.

Do you play heroes of might and magic II? Your avatar is a halfing...that game was one of my favs (and still is I guess).
Old 12-03-2006, 11:48 PM

Were you planning on a c-r?

This is such a risky flop to check.

There's about 25 cards that I would rather not see on the turn. Although, I have to admit that with villain's pfr, a lot of the straight draws are less likely than vs. a donk who calls pfrrs with any two they pfr w/.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Um why all these fancy lines? Bet flop/shove turn looks good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand other than AK or KK or AA calls this?

People need to stop going on about the drawy board. Villain almost never has 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and I have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

When I reraise preflop, a villain like this is calling with AK, maybe AQ, and pocket pairs. Do none of you see that you aren't going to get QQ to stack off if you pot the flop and shove the turn?

Anyway, whether or not I bet this flop is meh. I could bet it, then check the turn. I can check it, then bet the turn. i can check-raise it. Just doesn't matter much. Those of you saying that one MUST bet this flop, or that a flop check is bad, are playing way too robotically.

The river is interesting in this hand because it's a bad card, either because it makes villain's hand, or because he might not like it, so let's talk about the river please.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you planning on a c-r?

This is such a risky flop to check.

There's about 25 cards that I would rather not see on the turn. Although, I have to admit that with villain's pfr, a lot of the straight draws are less likely than vs. a donk who calls pfrrs with any two they pfr w/.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably c/r if villain pots it, because then he gets decent odds to call the push. If he half-pots it, though, I probably call. Villain is probably not betting a ton of hands here, I bet. Mostly I am checking because I think a pair is more likely to call the turn and river than the flop and river (DB disagrees and that's cool, he may be right).

The [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] just don't matter much, unless Villain has a black pair. But otoh if Villain has Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], a turn heart would be fantastic. Dunno why everyone is freaking out about the drawy flop in a re-raised pot.

As played, i bet the river for $65, and Villain pushed. I folded.

Good fold or bad?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh flop is whatever.

I would bet river for value.

Do you play heroes of might and magic II? Your avatar is a halfing...that game was one of my favs (and still is I guess).

[/ QUOTE ]

I did indeed. Not as good as Civ II, but mighty addicting.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:28 AM

I think this hand is played fine..there are tons of lines you could take, but I agree that youre only getting action on 2 streets and villian is more likely to look you up if you check the flop.

Its a tough river, but I think I check. Im not sure there is anything that this villian is calling our river bet with that we beat. AK sometimes, but the Q is a scare card for villian as well if he holds AK. If he calls, he is hoping to split the pot to your AK.

Checking will induce a value bet from AK..its the only way we get any more value out of this hand. Fold to a push.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 AM

I agree that there are a lot of flops you should check after rr AA, but I really don't think this is one. Bet for value/protection on this drawy board.

ok just saw the answered the "drawy board" thing, but still I like a bet here because lately I keep seeing TAGs float in rr pots so I think you'll get called by more hands than you think.