Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Capone0\'s NFL Rankings after week 11

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it the Bear haters always bring out the schedule card? When somehow trying to say they arent a good team? Their offense is nothing? Hmm second highest points scored in the NFL. Best point differental in the NFL, but oh wait they havent played anyone yet.

Yeah they played some crap teams but what is not impressive about some of their wins, well most of them anyway by 25+ points. They can only play who is on their schedule. They have fewer holes than anyone in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, people play the schedule card b/c the Bears schedule is a joke. I don't think it means they aren't a good team. They definitely have gaping holes, and I think Grossman will beat them at some point.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:34 PM

Since Steve Smith came back, the Panthers are 6-2. During that same time frame the Bears are 7-1. The Panthers lost an embarrasing 35-14 game to the Cowboys. The Bears lost an embarrasing 31-13 game to the Dolphins. The Panthers lost a heartbreaker on the road in Cincy. The Bears won a thriller on the road in Arizona. The Bears got dominated for about 90% of that game. The Panthers led over half of the Cincy game. The Panthers have beat the Saints and Ravens. The Bears have beat the Seahawks and Giants. The Panthers have probably the toughest schedule in the league. The Bears have without question the easiest. I don't know if I'm getting through here, but all I'm saying is the Panthers are creeping up, and they are suddenly tied for first in the division. They are historically a great second half team, and more importantly, a great playoff team. Their defense just pitched a shutout, just like the Bears defense. And the Panthers have some viable offensive weapons, especially now the DeAngelo Williams is healthy. Don't be surprised if they are playing for the NFC title in January. I think a Panthers-Bears matchup would be a great game.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:43 PM

I think it's(given Indy will probably have HFA)
1. Colts
2. Chargers
3. Bears
4. Giants
5. Baltimore
6. Dallas
7. New England
8. Carolina
9. Denver
10. Jaxonville/Cinci
Old 11-21-2006, 12:52 AM

Not feeling the Giants at all after tonights game. God I wish the NFC was better. I think the Cowboys are better, they lost pretty badly at home in Romo's first game but since then they've been better and I hate admitting the Cowboys are good.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very bad "given"

most likely case? sure but its far from a lock, especially with 2teams 1gm back and no guarentee that Indy will have tiebreakers on both
Old 11-21-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think tonights game will effect the rankings very much unless Jacksonville crushes the Giants.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2006, 01:23 AM

Heh. I didnt' think Eli would be that good, he was worse. Not sure but he always starts the season off well and quickly tails off. I don't think he has anywhere near the understanding the the game that his brother does and he needs to do some homework. I also think losing Toomer is really hurting them with no goto #2 WR and it's starting to effect Tiki's production. The D being hurt also doesn't help since the D is on the field way too long. Giants aren't going in the right direction.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No Baltimore even though they only have 2 losses and have beaten SD?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my exact thought. San Diego's the only team they've played, and the only really good team they'll play before the playoffs though.

[/ QUOTE ]While its true that they havn't played any of the tier #1 teams they have beaten N.O. and Cincy who are good solid football teams. And they've taken care of business vs the bad teams.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Colts
2. Chargers
3. Bears
4. Giants
5. Baltimore
6. Dallas
7. New England
8. Carolina
9. Denver
10. Jaxonville/Cinci

[/ QUOTE ]

I might flip Carolina and Dallas, but other than that very good rankings imo. Obviously though the Giants would move down now after today's loss.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:09 AM

Giants move down to 8th. If Denver wins in Arrowhead then they move to 10th or worse based on how losuy Eli is.

If Denver loses then the drop out of the top ten cuz Cutler will probably be the QB.