Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: WPT Ladies Night IV lineup guesses

Feduniak made the final table of the WPT Party Poker Cruise in season 1.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:26 AM

This is the kind of crap that really bothers me. If you are going to award seats to invitational free-rolls based on performance, than so be it. JJ has done better than any other female on the WPT, but yet she gets no chance. These are the same people that pump up "attractive, young, marketable" females, like Anna Kournikova, Eveylyn NG, etc etc
Based on merits alone, I think that Jen Harman is the only female on tour that would garner any sort of support if she was male...
Not to mention, poker is one of those sports where there should be no gender bias. I have never understood why in games like, pool, poker etc etc there has to be a distinction between women's events and the open events.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:30 AM

I can understand at the lower levels, and introductory stages of poker development, this can be helpful, but once a female has reached the "pro" level, or acheived sponsorship, she should be forced to play only in the open events...
Old 06-30-2006, 11:57 AM

What about Susan Kim that placed 5th in the WPT Bay 101 Shooting Stars FT in Season 2?
Old 06-30-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about Susan Kim that placed 5th in the WPT Bay 101 Shooting Stars FT in Season 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Susan Kim, a Korean with a Harvard MBA, allegedly turned down Steve Lipscomb's invitation to appear on WPT Ladies Night II.

Note that WPT started airing on Badook TV in South Korea in late 2004.

--

The WSOP is currently NOT being aired in South Korea because News Corporation (NewsCorp, the corporate parent of FOX), not Disney/ESPN, is managing the ESPN brand in South Korea via Singapore-based ESPN Star Sports (ESS) joint venture that was established in 1996.

NewsCorp purged all ESPN personnel from ESS in 1997.

ESS partners with Korean broadcaster Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC) to operate the Korean-language sports channel MBC-ESPN.

--

It'll be interesting to see what ESPN and Harrah's will have to do in order to convince NewsCorp to allow the WSOP to air on MBC-ESPN in South Korea, ESPN Philippines, and eventually ESPN China (already has over 60 million Chinese household subscribers even though the channel is less than 2 years old.)

Old 06-30-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

we all know she's not being invited because she isn't as young/attractive/famous as the rest of the probable invitees.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been at least one at each: Maureen Feduniak, Wendeen Eolis, Marsha Waggoner. None of which ever made a WPT final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wendeen Eolis is a well-connected political consultant based in New York. She was also the first woman to cash at the WSOP main event. She also won an major event at the Isle of Man several years ago.

Maureen "London Mo" Feduniak made the final table of the Party Poker Million II cruise during WPT Season 1.

Marsha Waggoner finished 2nd at the Bay 101 PPT Season 1 event March 2005.

--

I am willing to give Steve Lipscomb the benefit of the doubt and wait until the 2006 WSOP Ladies Event bracelet winner is crowned on July 10 before re-visiting the J.J. Liu situation.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:21 PM

I can confirm that J.J. Liu and Erica Schoenberg were OFFICIALLY INVITED to WPT Ladies Night IV by WPT Players Relations Manager Kat Kowal, at approximately 2:20pm on Friday June 30.

I was seated to the right of Schoenberg at WSOP Table 138 when Schoenberg got the call from Kowal.

Liu came by a few minutes later and told me that she received her invitation from Kowal. Liu is now working to get a logo sponsorship deal for WPT Ladies Night IV.

I will still need to confirm the Rousso and Matuson invitations, but I am 99+% certain that they have been invited to WPT Ladies Night IV.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have to throw Shirley Rosario in the mix. Attractive, blond, very good NL tourney player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shirley is secretly one of the most attractive women in poker.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:07 PM

1) Kate Hudson
2) Ashley Judd

mike
TheRailbirds
Old 07-03-2006, 03:45 PM

What about that Lacey chick...
http://www.laceysaces.com/

or that lynette girl...
or even jennicide?

how does JJ Liu being Chinese hold her back Oliver?