Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 12-01-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Personal Question: Stress and Success

[ QUOTE ]
me who loves sitting at home watching cricket and listening to music etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your firm have any openings?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get a grip man. If you can't enjoy college then you'll never manage to be happy - it don't get much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fail

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know how it could be better but if you've any suggestions I'm listening. Just how happy are you?

chez
Old 12-01-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
me who loves sitting at home watching cricket and listening to music etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your firm have any openings?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, this is 2+2. Just add cricket and music.

but its a tough life, anyone who thinks watching cricket for 7 hours a day is easy need not apply. Easier if you're Australian but that may just be running good.

chez
Old 12-01-2007, 12:54 PM

I'm kind of late to the show here, but I will let you know of a story about my Uncle (this is a true story).

My Uncle grew up playing football, working out pretty much everyday. He told me he had a 29 inch waist, and a 45 inch chest. He said he had less body fat on him than most world class athletes.

After high school he started investing in real estate, doing the whole buy and flip deal. He was a millionaire on paper by the time he was 23 years old. Something happened and he suddenly lost it all. He then tried it again and it put so much stress on him that he had a heart attack when he was 26 years old. He was basically in perfect shape, but he was so stressed out that it nearly killed him.

OP, you're young and educated and I assume you have a big future ahead of you. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just let your life take you where it is meant to go. Unless you go to a highly rated college, you'll often find that your hard work in college will outdo almost all other college students. I was a straight A student in high school finishing 14 out of 100. The highest I got on the SAT was a 1010. I took it 2 times and unfortunately, I was sick both times that I took it. I got into college at the first and only place I applied. I'm graduating in 2 weeks after 5.5 years of trying to finish (due to military and police academy) and will be graduating with a GPA of around 3.8+. I have had a 4.0 in each of my last 4 semesters, and often find myself scoring at the top of my class on tests. I'm not bragging or anything, I'm just stating that your hard work will be recognized just because of who you are, because you seem like you have what it takes. College is easier than I expected and you'll have so much free time, you won't know what to do with yourself. I often find myself being bored of being bored and don't want to do anything because I'm bored of it - if you know what I mean.

So just relax and chill out and enjoy your life now because the decisions get harder the closer it is to figuring out what you want to do with your life.