Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-25-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Pooh Bah Post tl;dr

My problem with managing my BR as of late has been coming home from the bar and wanting to play. a few weeks ago i came home and decided that it would be ok to move up a level and loose 2 buyins (5 of my normal level). After that i felt dumb and wanted to make some of it back so i droped back down and lost 2 more at my normal level.

The next day i swore never to put my role at risk like that again. Now if i come home UTI and really feel the need to play poker ill play like a $1-$2 SNG or MTT. that way im not risking much and still get to play.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still haven't come to grips with tilt. Poker can be frustrating at times. Those are when I just quit playing for a while. Usually after 30 mins or so I am fine and can play again. I just try to stop myself once start feeling tilted and do something else.

About a week ago was the worst of all. After losing seemingly every hand for two weeks and getting owned every time I sat down it started to affect me outside of poker. I was pissed off at people for no reason, etc. Took a few days off for the holiday and I never want to get like that again.

My best advice is to stop playing. It's the only thing that works for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never used to be able to just quit...
now i´m actually able to play kind of ok poker through those rough spots, im just hopng that this dowsn´t built up to end in one major tilt session
Old 11-25-2007, 09:32 AM

Good post OP.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:08 AM

very nice post + comments. I find myself shrugging of big losses. It somehow keeps me away from tilting.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:14 AM

Profish you are a very solid player (from the posts) and you have a pretty good future in poker.

Whenever I'm about to tilt or play some other games besides 6max, I just tell myself you are taking the long route to HSNL.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:10 PM

Yea I became a pooh bah pretty quick. You guys made a good point also about how tilt affects your life outside of poker. When I go on a losing session I feel like Im just pissed off for the whole day and snap at people for no reason sometimes. I dont do that too often the whole snapping at people, but it does happen here and there.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The next day i swore never to put my role at risk like that again. Now if i come home UTI and really feel the need to play poker ill play like a $1-$2 SNG or MTT. that way im not risking much and still get to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a degenrate gambler! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: for certification!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:38 PM

I still haven't made a pooh-bah post haha.

As far as not playing hands stupid or whatever, once I started 8+ tabling I began to find very very standard lines for everything. Its weird how playing poker changes if you only have 2-3 seconds max to make a decision (otherwise you'll time out on like 5 tables).

Also tilting while 10 tabling is [censored] nasty. Gotta quit really really fast or bye bye like 2-3 buyins easy.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:32 PM

I like the idea about joining a $2 MTT or similar game if you still feel like playing but are tilting. I actually did this last night (played a $2 HU HORSE SNG) and lost but hey, it was only $2 and I had fun and learned about a game I've never played before.

Also, I find that I get lazy when I'm playing well and become more critical of my play when I'm playing bad, so I'll tend to post more hands, read the forums more, think about my game, etc. Basically I think these swings can be +EV in the long run since they make me really take a close look at what I'm doing and why I'm doing it, instead of just playing mindless poker.