Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-24-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Problems at the Taj last weekend

This happened to me at the Taj before too. They were talking during the hands and I hinted toward the dealer that he should take care of it and he had no problem telling them "english only". Better to speak up rather than have them continually do it and be uncomfortable.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:56 PM

Welcome to low-stakes cash poker! Just put on headphones.

gl
Old 11-25-2007, 02:01 PM

The worst situation that ever happened to me while playing 5-10 was earlier this year.

I had flopped a "broadway" and it was the nuts. I was heads-up on the river on the button and the other player bet into me, and (naturally) I raised. He re-raised and I raised him. The player next to him says "he has an ace high straight, what in the hell are you doing?" He was about to raise me again, but instead he called. The board was TQK and surely he had J9.

However, before I could open my mouth the dealer reprimanded the player not in the hand. The fish stayed for another hour and generated a lot of nice pots for everyone, but I could not catch any more of them.

Thank you very much for the information on this. It has really put my mind at ease.

Nat
Old 11-27-2007, 12:12 AM

The Taj $3-6 "can be" a freak show, something about the 5-6 seats at the table by the cashier that draws the drunks and nitwits, and eventually the floor (and security) between 2am and breakfast. If you want something more serious go play $10-20 or up at Borgata, if you're looking for entertainment, a couple of beers, and a better than average chance to quit at least a small winner, the Taj $3-6 is the place. It is very silly... Had a drunk sit down next to me with a wad a bills not knowing what the game or limit was and quickly dropping 20bb to the low limit vultures...sweet.