Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-22-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: What to do w/ QQ this early?

Honestly not a fun spot... I mean a 3x open is pretty standard so that tells me its a wide range. The MP raise is scary...that's the type of rise you would make if he calls ya know to take the aggro lead. A few good points were made about what you hope for on the flop ... 10 high he has to have JJ to get paid off...might hit a set and your smoked...and if he has KK AA which your scared off...then your done anyway... I don't think its wrong to fold here...but I also dont disaree poppin it to like 750 either... One of those hands where you can properly justify for descisions....

SHiP IT
Old 11-22-2007, 06:57 PM

Edit: I misread the action due to the hand being unformatted.

Call and play for set value? Or call and play pokah
Old 11-22-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker Game #4251508440: $14,000 KO Guarantee (31697122), Table 27 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:09:19 ET - 2007/11/21
Seat 1: Hava Nagila (3,120)
Seat 2: sutyla (2,940)
Seat 3: Cre8ive (2,775)
Seat 4: Rhegium (3,180)
Seat 5: raiseme555 (3,030)
Seat 6: dogscratch (3,090)
Seat 7: alow4194 (2,955)
Seat 8: tehuacan (2,940)
Seat 9: TheKark (2,970)
TheKark posts the small blind of 15
Hava Nagila posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hava Nagila [Qd Qc]
sutyla folds
Cre8ive has 15 seconds left to act
Cre8ive raises to 90
Rhegium folds
raiseme555 folds
dogscratch folds
alow4194 has 15 seconds left to act
alow4194 raises to 240
tehuacan folds
TheKark folds
Hava Nagila ????

[/ QUOTE ]

are u serious?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:09 AM

I like to call and play pokah. Flop a set, great. But I think we're ahead enough of the time to play our hand for value this early in this tourney. C'mon, flat calling there don't mean dick to plenty of these players, nor does their open or 3 bet. We might be ahead, we might be behind, but this is our best way to control pot size and not allow them to play perfectly against us.

Devo
Old 11-23-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to call and play pokah. Flop a set, great. But I think we're ahead enough of the time to play our hand for value this early in this tourney. C'mon, flat calling there don't mean dick to plenty of these players, nor does their open or 3 bet. We might be ahead, we might be behind, but this is our best way to control pot size and not allow them to play perfectly against us.

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

There's going to be about 550 in the pot going to the flop and about 2700 in your stacks. What, do you think your opponent is going to slow down at all? If it comes with an ace or a king, you autolose. If it comes with a queen you may not even get paid off, and are you just blindly calling bets on any other board?

Seems ridiculous to think that playing this hand is at all profitable. If you call 400 on the flop and they bet 1000 on the turn there's no way you can continue.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

There's going to be about 550 in the pot going to the flop and about 2700 in your stacks. What, do you think your opponent is going to slow down at all? If it comes with an ace or a king, you autolose. If it comes with a queen you may not even get paid off, and are you just blindly calling bets on any other board?

Seems ridiculous to think that playing this hand is at all profitable. If you call 400 on the flop and they bet 1000 on the turn there's no way you can continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Gobbo. IMO, calling is never an option here.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:58 PM

i dont think ur hand will be faceup in a low buy in tourney like this at all.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres 500 in the pot, if I call (and 700 if the other guy calls but for argument's sake, lets say he folds), leaving me 2700, or 5.5 pot sized bets. Now the flop comes 332, he bets std 3/4 the pot (750) and I call again. Now we're down to 1 psb, which basically means I'm all-in on any non A or K turn w/ no idea where I'm at. Exactlty where is the room to play poker?