Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-20-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Bellagio poker rate?

[ QUOTE ]
Also comps

[/ QUOTE ]
Never got comped at the Wynn.

[ QUOTE ]
speed and quality of the cocktail waitresses

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont drink when my money is on the table, but the Orange Julius at the Wynn *was* shockingly superior...

[ QUOTE ]
comfort in the poker room

[/ QUOTE ]
The Wynn is a nicer room, yes. A wonderful atmosphere to grind it out in. Personally I prefer the noisier, polluted, and marginally less "comfortable" room at the Bellagio, because I prefer to make money when I play poker. Color me romantic I guess.

[ QUOTE ]
the ability to get on the waiting list with a call from your room

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that walk to the elevator is brutal this time of year.

[ QUOTE ]
and attitude of the floorpeople.

[/ QUOTE ]

The brush at the Wynn lied to my face about spreading a PLO game for me, which was the only reason I agreed to stay there at all. 6 people on the list for PLO but they didnt want to open a table? NH Wynn. Strike a blow for customer service.

[ QUOTE ]
But other than those little things...

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, minus the sarcasm.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The nice thing about Bellagio poker rate is that if you stay on a poker rate once and get your 6 hours/night, on all subsequent stays they don't track your play anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard that rumor before, but when I showed up the second time, they gave me a card and told me to play 6 hours a day.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:24 AM

Well, I just got back from Vegas, and stayed at the Tropicana. I was able to get my room for around 50/night for Sun-Thurs, and only 180 for fri/sat.

Honestly, what do you need the room for besides sleeping? It had a good central location (right across from MGM) and the rooms aren't crappy for an old hotel.

A lot of strip hotels have nice poker rates, mostly Mon-Thurs, and trust me there is enough action there during the week. It's just a matter of waiting for the right game, and sometimes in Vegas, it's just a matter of knowing where to look!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've heard that rumor before, but when I showed up the second time, they gave me a card and told me to play 6 hours a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, their policy is pretty straightforward. Make sure that you specify that you've stayed on poker rate before when you make a reservation. If they try to give you a card anyway I'm sure you can convince them that's not needed. I've stayed there on poker rate 3 times and they only tracked me the first time.