Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 12:21 PM

Default QQ paired board with only A top split pair? hoping to chop the pot...

No reads.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, HERO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, HERO ??

call and hope to chop the pot? I've just finished the chapter on identifying hidden outs, especially those that can actually cause a tie at showdown.

As far as I remember, I dun really recall how to factor chopping the pot into my betting actions. Would calling down be good just to hope to chop the pot?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: QQ paired board with only A top split pair? hoping to chop the pot...

Well, I'm folding to the raise preflop. I would have raised it if checked to me and I might have called one on the button it there were three limpers or so ahead of me but I think this should be a fold.

I'm folding the flop. The reason is no reads and it doesn't appear likely we can call down down for one bet each street. We can't be calling 2 here or on any subsequent street IMO.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Re: QQ paired board with only A top split pair? hoping to chop the pot...

easy fold pf

easy fold on flop

also stop having no reads
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: QQ paired board with only A top split pair? hoping to chop the pot

I don't like that cold-call preflop. Since you have no reads, you don't know that MP2 is stealing. I give him credit for a good hand.

Flop, well MP2 is not backing down and is raising UTG-2's donk. I give him credit for at least the Ace and since he raised, it's gotta be a high Ace. You STILL need to hit a high card to chop the pot and even then he could be raising with AK or AQ, in which case you won't chop the pot. And then there's the other people in this pot, which might be holding a Q... This is kinda like a situation of getting quartered in Omaha, when the low card has to hit the board for you to get quartered and you STILL don't know if your low is the best.

Fold flop.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:06 PM

Fold preflop unless villain is a super-loose maniac who would raise with 96o here, in which case you should three bet to isolate.

The flop is a real easy fold. You are behind the raiser and usually behind the donker as well.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:29 PM

Grunch:

Preflop: It would be a fold for me. We could be dominated and need a multi-player pot for out A5s to be worthwhile unless we were on a steal.

Flop: In early position I would be betting and folding to a raise but on the button, I don't see how we could cold call 2 with only 2 outs to win/chop. We are getting 6.5:1 and may be raised or capped when it comes around again.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:07 PM

Muck it
Old 11-19-2007, 05:26 PM

everytime you put "split pair" in your thread title, I prepare myself to read a stud hand..lol

PF : A5s is not strong enough to cold call especially after 5 others have already folded.

Flop : turbo muck. You are either crushed, or you are VERY crushed! You are def. behind MP2 and probably behind UTG+2 as well and very likely have 2 or 6 (6 if lucky) outs to a chop.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:53 PM

Fold preflop. Fold flop.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:09 PM

You mention hidden outs...what are they in this case? If villain had AK here there are 2 Qs left, and that would chop it up for us most likely. If he raised with AJ or AT, then 4Ks would counterfeit the kickers. That's not much, and unless you are a super user and know for sure the donker has JT and the raiser KK, you don't have nearly enough to go on. Even the donker's overlay won't make this anything but a fold.

Lacking reads, I'd also pitch this one pre flop.