Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 11-16-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Probably at some point

seriously, results gogo.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: uh-oh

[ QUOTE ]

lol . . . I'm curious, though, whether anyone has *ever* seen someone checkraise the river here when a relative blank falls in a 3-way pot against two people who seem to love their hands (or at least are signalling that they want to get to the river). I mean, like, ever. 16:1 isn't 100:1, but I don't know that I see a move like that as a bluff even 1 in 100 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Online I have seen stuff like this and even worse at 30 and 50....
Old 11-16-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol . . . I'm curious, though, whether anyone has *ever* seen someone checkraise the river here when a relative blank falls in a 3-way pot against two people who seem to love their hands (or at least are signalling that they want to get to the river). I mean, like, ever. 16:1 isn't 100:1, but I don't know that I see a move like that as a bluff even 1 in 100 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, online one can never fold ever because those guys are idiots. but this is a live setting.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, online one can never fold ever because those guys are idiots. but this is a live setting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're such a tease. This hand didn't even happen, did it?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're such a tease. This hand didn't even happen, did it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i folded. as did the other moron.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly moron. I was sure he'd call.

If Villain didn't show a bluff, though, I doubt he was bluffing. The amount of action/tilt you could achieve by showing a bluff here is through the roof. And it's not like you're going to be making a fold like that in the future anyway, is it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that trying to make an exploitable fold here is very reasonable. It's a really hard spot for villain to bluff-raise, much less bluff-raise so often that he is exploiting us.

Then again, villain is described as a very strong high stakes player... so calling against THIS guy may be better. I mean, if you aren't sure you can fold, then you can always take the "safe" way out and call. You can't lose calling here.

But you can't win as much either. If you fold and it turns out that villain is in fact not bluffing "enough" hands here, then you win, possibly exploiting him for as much as a full big bet. That's a lot of money to leave on the table, IF IT'S ACTUALLY THERE TO BE TAKEN.

which leads us all the way back to square 1. What's the read? Can we exploit this guy or not? The read in the OP seems to say no, unless you are prepared to say that even the best players can be exploited here...

-eric
Old 11-16-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly moron. I was sure he'd call.

If Villain didn't show a bluff, though, I doubt he was bluffing. The amount of action/tilt you could achieve by showing a bluff here is through the roof. And it's not like you're going to be making a fold like that in the future anyway, is it? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

imo showing a bluff here would be very bad.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:03 PM

qjdd would be so sick here.

pbob im curious if you would fold to the cr from:

hoss
schnieds
dd
me
Old 11-16-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
qjdd would be so sick here.