Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Hand 1: 100/200 live vs TheTakeover

live 25/50 game in NYC...this hand is playing as 25-50-100-200...villian in this hand is Nick Schulman...i generally think Nick is the best player in the game...he's been playing solid in a crazy game...i have 42k and villain covers...

after the two straddles i am UTG with KcJc and limp for 200...couple of callers behind me, small blind calls, and Nick calls from one of the straddles...5 to the flop

(~1100) flop Kd Qc 4c...

checked to me and i bet 1k...1 caller behind me...and then Nick check raises to 4k...who calls here and who reraises here? i choose to call and the other caller folds...

(~10,100) turn is As...Nick checks and i decide to check (people bet here?)

river Kh...nick leads for 9k...whats the play here?

is the hand different if Nick leads the turn, and then bets river from our perspective?

all comments welcome...obviously a lot has to do with my read on Nick but still would like to see how people would play the hand.

I didnt raise preflop because it owuld not have thinned the field any the way the game was playing...
Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Hand 1: 100/200 live vs TheTakeover

i liked the way u played this, and on the river id fold. from a metagame standpoint its not a very smart spot for him to bluff since if he figures ur a solid player he has to think king x is a lot of ur range checking for pot control on the turn. Also he c/r a pot where it was bet and then called which makes it a lot less likely hes bluffing imo.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:16 PM

As played, I'd fold because of the reasons stated above. He should put you on a King a large % of the time.

If he views you as solid, I would raise over a turn bet. I like the check behind though.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:16 PM

id prob bet turn and shove any non-board pairing river.. river looks like a fold.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id prob bet turn and shove any non-board pairing river..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is cool too if you like variance.

This is prolly the best play for shania. In a vacuum, I think a check back might be better.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:25 PM

i dunno if u have to drag shania into it, i just think its the best play for anyone that isnt underrolled. he will fold a ton and if the clubs get there he might even call lighter not believing u would pot turn with a flushdraw and not believing u would shove river with the broadway if the flush gets there.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:27 PM

i'm w luego
Old 11-02-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As played, I'd fold because of the reasons stated above. He should put you on a King a large % of the time.

If he views you as solid, I would raise over a turn bet. I like the check behind though.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree on check behind turn, what are we putting him on the river, squarely 44 or TJ? Doesn't he bet the turn with TJ almost always? Can he be value betting worse hands here on the river?

tc
Old 11-02-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't he bet the turn with TJ almost always? Can he be value betting worse hands here on the river?

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

Value betting worse seems unlikely. I can see us beating maybe something like smaller busted clubs, but it seems like a fairly bad spot to bluff. Also, I'm sure nick is capable of checking J10 here, b/c he may percieve a bet to blow hero off a lot of worse hands given the turn card (he also checks KQ/44 on turn sometimes im sure).

from what I understand of nick he seems tricky enough that I might want to call, so its close, but i like a fold best
Old 11-02-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
live 25/50 game in NYC...this hand is playing as 25-50-100-200...villian in this hand is Nick Schulman...i generally think Nick is the best player in the game...he's been playing solid in a crazy game...i have 42k and villain covers...

after the two straddles i am UTG with KcJc and limp for 200...couple of callers behind me, small blind calls, and Nick calls from one of the straddles...5 to the flop

(~1100) flop Kd Qc 4c...

checked to me and i bet 1k...1 caller behind me...and then Nick check raises to 4k...who calls here and who reraises here? i choose to call and the other caller folds...

(~10,100) turn is As...Nick checks and i decide to check (people bet here?)

river Kh...nick leads for 9k...whats the play here?

is the hand different if Nick leads the turn, and then bets river from our perspective?

all comments welcome...obviously a lot has to do with my read on Nick but still would like to see how people would play the hand.

I didnt raise preflop because it owuld not have thinned the field any the way the game was playing...

[/ QUOTE ]

weird, nick made such a small cr on flop (that's the only part of the hand I really don't like). i prolly cawl b/c he cold have missed clubs a large % of the time and views the A as a bad card for you. furthermore, he thinks that you probably would have bet a hand >2p differently, meaning you would have either a) reraised his flop cr, b) bet the turn.

Thus, your hand looks pretty weak, making it a MT "i cawl."