Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 06:39 AM

Default Re: 10\\20 against 20 Buck Spin

[ QUOTE ]
Leatherass, I'd prefer if you didn't call my math "monkey". How about this; 1 in 5 the turn comes a spade (we have apparently all agreed by now that if he fires every single turn relentlessly then calling anything except a spade is mandatory and profitable against his apparenly HUGE range). So, if 1 in 5 the turn gets ugly, I wrote 1 in 10 because you know, half of his hands (well almost, deduct the 3 spades on board) actually CONTAINS spades and thus you are not actually GETTING BLUFFED.

M'kay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I was just joking probably should've put a [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] there. Anyway, I was referring to the spades hitting 1 in 5 that will cause you to fold. Secondly I was also referring to the kqj that will make you sick to your stomach when he shoves turn. So that is a lot of cards on the turn that you will hate!!! Almost 35-40% of the deck actually will look ugly. I know you probably don't have a ton of experience with this guy but I have thousands of hands with him. Trust me you're going to want to shove on his ass and while you may not be fist pumping when he calls, you won't be tremendously nervous either.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:52 AM

lol we're not calling so we can fold every dangerous looking turn. i don't see how calling and calling a shove/shoving ANY non spade turn isn't the best play. he'd have to be getting it in a ton with no spades and less than AT for that to be better than shoving
Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 AM

Tought spot, may be better to wait for a non spade turn and then get your money in.

I wouldnt say your play is horrible in the hand, just slightly bad.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 AM

I like the call flop/push any nonspade turn line (K, Q, or J included)
Old 10-25-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Leatherass, I'd prefer if you didn't call my math "monkey". How about this; 1 in 5 the turn comes a spade (we have apparently all agreed by now that if he fires every single turn relentlessly then calling anything except a spade is mandatory and profitable against his apparenly HUGE range). So, if 1 in 5 the turn gets ugly, I wrote 1 in 10 because you know, half of his hands (well almost, deduct the 3 spades on board) actually CONTAINS spades and thus you are not actually GETTING BLUFFED.

M'kay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I was just joking probably should've put a [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] there. Anyway, I was referring to the spades hitting 1 in 5 that will cause you to fold. Secondly I was also referring to the kqj that will make you sick to your stomach when he shoves turn. So that is a lot of cards on the turn that you will hate!!! Almost 35-40% of the deck actually will look ugly. I know you probably don't have a ton of experience with this guy but I have thousands of hands with him. Trust me you're going to want to shove on his ass and while you may not be fist pumping when he calls, you won't be tremendously nervous either.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't seem to understand that if he's pushing EVERY SINGLE K-J turn (non-spade) regardless of his holding, it doesn't matter how "ugly" it looks, calling every time will be printing money. The fact that he always pushes these turns is a GOOD thing for you.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

M'kay?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't seem to understand that if he's pushing EVERY SINGLE K-J turn (non-spade) regardless of his holding, it doesn't matter how "ugly" it looks, calling every time will be printing money. The fact that he always pushes these turns is a GOOD thing for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't be so GOOD when he has one of them. Besides are we still calling when a spade hit? Christ man that would be one bold call. Even if we have him pegged and we know he will fire all these turns, are we still calling when the turn is the queen of spades? I know what you mean and are trying to get at, but I still don't see why you wouldn't just raise it all in on the flop and hope for the best. It just makes life easier. Plus the pot is big at this point and a lot of consideration should be given to the fact that you are protecting a pretty decent sized pot now at this point. I mean I guess under your logic there is NO hand you should shove the flop with in these situations versus Buckspin. Apparently from what I gather you advocate just trapping him the whole way? Again, I kinda see what you're saying, but I don't like it.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:44 PM

This is good vs buck