Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 11:09 AM

Default pokertracker for mac

A couple times I've heard that the developers of pokertracker are working on a mac compatible version, can anyone verify and/or give details on this? I use a mac 99% of the time and have parallels on it so I can run windows programs but it would be alot simpler if they had it that I could simply run straight out of OS. Thanks for any details you can offer or crush my hopes and let me know it was just a rumor of some sorts.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: pokertracker for mac

PT3 is going to be functional on both mac os and windows, or at least is expectd to be. It isn't yet though. I used to play on my macbook and for that I bought MacPoker Pro, which was okay- I'd wait for PT3 though.

P.S. I've been debating putting parallels on here just for poker- does it eat up memory? How do you find it? Have you ever tried boot camp?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: pokertracker for mac

Bootcamp is alot harder IMO, you have to choose at startup whether to run OS or windows from what I hear which makes parallels almost hands down the better choice (again, that's just my opinion).

If you have a macbook pro you will have absolutly no problem running parallels and a million other programs, I often have parallels open running programs, itunes, full tilt, ichat, and safari all open at the same time on my macbook pro and have no memory problems whatsoever, I think it is something like 40 or 50 dollars (maybe more, I forget) AND you need a legit copy of windows XP but it is well worth it if you have a need to run windows programs on a mac. (I should point out that I once tried to play counter-strike on it and it was very glitchy, so windows gaming doens't work great on paraelllels for some reason)

personally I'm just going to wait for PT3 instead of buy PT for windows and run it through paralells if it will be compatible with OS.

Thanks for the answer basement