Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 10-20-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: One fish, two fish, river fish, shmiver fish?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold I think but I wouldn't be too happy about it. I've seen these types of players do this with AA type hands before though so it's pretty close.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never AA from a loose passive here IMO.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:08 PM

yeah, I was going to fold and then got stubborn and he showed KJ... but I still think it's a fold in general, I just got lucky that he's stupid
Old 10-20-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold I think but I wouldn't be too happy about it. I've seen these types of players do this with AA type hands before though so it's pretty close.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never AA from a loose passive here IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

have definitely seen this play from a loose passive with AA, so it's not never.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like your bet sizing, especially on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you be more specific?

[/ QUOTE ]

His range for calling 185 is basically the same as 124, but he will never raise 185 with a slowplayed 'monster' like KJ or AJ, while he will do sometimes with 124.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% and was going to make a similar post. If you bet you probably have to bet/fold, but a 2/3 pot bet will sometimes be raised by a worse hand for value although will still usually be ahead of us to make calling the raise incorrect. A bigger bet is less likely to be raised by his entire range, which is a good thing since we're almost always crushed when he raises, and it's unlikely he will raise a near psb on the river with a worse hand.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His range for calling 185 is basically the same as 124, but he will never raise 185 with a slowplayed 'monster' like KJ or AJ, while he will do sometimes with 124.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% and was going to make a similar post. If you bet you probably have to bet/fold, but a 2/3 pot bet will sometimes be raised by a worse hand for value although will still usually be ahead of us to make calling the raise incorrect. A bigger bet is less likely to be raised by his entire range, which is a good thing since we're almost always crushed when he raises, and it's unlikely he will raise a near psb on the river with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be missing something here...his hand will not magically change with the amount I bet, so why is it bad when the smaller bet will induce raises from hands I have beat? I know that's exactly what happened and it's a tough spot, but this guy is much more likely to do something stupid given the maneuverability of 124 as opposed to 180. Aaaaaand he calls 124 with a ten or 88 sometimes, prob not 180.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:59 PM

bet size is fine tbh
Old 10-20-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be missing something here...his hand will not magically change with the amount I bet, so why is it bad when the smaller bet will induce raises from hands I have beat? I know that's exactly what happened and it's a tough spot, but this guy is much more likely to do something stupid given the maneuverability of 124 as opposed to 180. Aaaaaand he calls 124 with a ten or 88 sometimes, prob not 180.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying even you agree in hindsight that a river fold is best after betting, so you can see why we don't want to occasionally get raised off the best hand if we have intentions of folding if raised. I wouldn't pot the river, I'd make it like $160 or so. In my experience people are just as likely if not more in instances like this to call a bigger bet than a smaller one.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 PM

vs a guy like this you really should bet more on all streets

what are his exact stats?

I think i'd probably fold the river, but sometimes i'd talk myself into calling im sure.