Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 10-18-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Halo 3: Always matched against people much better

I play Madden. I don't hate Halo either it seems like a cool game, I guess I'm just set in my ways. I didn't have regular Xbox if that means much and only 1 of my close friends have ever been into the game. I have a 360 and I play a lot of games on it including Madden, Winning 11, etc. I actually have the game and have played online and I'll admit I suck at it. I have had TF2 for less than a week and I have enjoyed it more. They are different games though.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:25 PM

Ok since this thread is completely derailed could someone explain how to handle someone being directly behind you in this [censored] game. I've just started playing a Halo game for the first time really (also my first console FPS) but it seems like being behind someone is a much bigger advantage than it is in any other FPS. I just can't turn around quickly and maintain speed. Maybe I just suck with the controller but it seems like everyone has this problem, anyone have any tips? Or am I just going to have to suck it up?

Also I really enjoy the game but the map selection and design is really really weak. They need to get map packs out asap or I'm just going to stop playing. I've gotten like 100 deathmatch games in and I"m pretty much sick of every small/medium sized map.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok since this thread is completely derailed could someone explain how to handle someone being directly behind you in this [censored] game. I've just started playing a Halo game for the first time really (also my first console FPS) but it seems like being behind someone is a much bigger advantage than it is in any other FPS. I just can't turn around quickly and maintain speed. Maybe I just suck with the controller but it seems like everyone has this problem, anyone have any tips? Or am I just going to have to suck it up?

Also I really enjoy the game but the map selection and design is really really weak. They need to get map packs out asap or I'm just going to stop playing. I've gotten like 100 deathmatch games in and I"m pretty much sick of every small/medium sized map.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing you can really do. 9 out of 10 times if someone gets the jump on you from behind you are are going to die.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:14 AM

They are working on new maps right now. Also, try downloading some map variations from bungie.net.
The major advantage you have is firing the first shot. Very little your opponent can do on his own to kill you if you get a decent head start.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing you can really do. 9 out of 10 times if someone gets the jump on you from behind you are are going to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn your look sensitivity up (mines @ 7, default is @ 3), jump and turn around. Try to get around a corner and crouch. In H3 (much more than H2) getting the jump isn't always the necessary thing. Knowing your surroundings will get you much further in this game than H2 IMO.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:45 PM

The jump/turn idea is good.

Mainly I'd say use your radar and don't let someone get so close behind you that you have no way to avoid them.