Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 10-10-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Springsteen Concert

[ QUOTE ]
I was at the show last night as well. I was also at night 2 of Philly. BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE is the greatest american rock star of all-time.

There are two types of people in the world:
1) those that love Bruce
2) those that have never seen him live.

Also apparently last night, they had some keyboard technical issues... we were supposed to get "Backstreets" (damn it!) and "Incident on 57th street". Still a great show... looking forward to the stadium tours next summer - where we'll get more songs, deeper from the vault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that the sets will be longer when he plays Giants Stadium and venues like that? And also, when you think he'll be back for the 2nd leg of the tour? May?
Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was at the show last night as well. I was also at night 2 of Philly. BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE is the greatest american rock star of all-time.

1) those that love Bruce

Also apparently last night, they had some keyboard technical issues... we were supposed to get "Backstreets" (damn it!) and "Incident on 57th street". Still a great show... looking forward to the stadium tours next summer - where we'll get more songs, deeper from the vault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that the sets will be longer when he plays Giants Stadium and venues like that? And also, when you think he'll be back for the 2nd leg of the tour? May?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is widely speculated that after he tours Europe, he will come back to the states for a summer-time stadium tour. I think it would be a similar situation to The Rising Tour. When the record first came out, he toured arenas focusing heavily on the new record... but the following summer he had 10 sell-outs at giants stadium, etc. - still doing a lot of The Rising - but cranking out some other tunes we aren't getting on this tour. I saw 3 of the Giants stadium shows - and heard Rosalita, Spirit In the Night, Jungleland, Thunder Road, Hungry Heart, Backstreets, Out in the Street, Lost in the Flood, Because the Night, Ramrod, Jersey Girl amongst others - that haven't made an appearance on the newest tour. I think that a year later he doesn't feel obligated to play 7 tracks off the new record (though I am a fan of Magic - and I think 'RAdio Nowhere' is brilliant live). So the shows won't necessarily be longer (though some giants stadium tours that summer were 25 songs) - I think the sets are a little more diverse night to night, w/ a chance to hear songs deeper from the vault.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1) those that love Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is widely speculated that after he tours Europe, he will come back to the states for a summer-time stadium tour. I think it would be a similar situation to The Rising Tour. When the record first came out, he toured arenas focusing heavily on the new record... but the following summer he had 10 sell-outs at giants stadium, etc. - still doing a lot of The Rising - but cranking out some other tunes we aren't getting on this tour. I saw 3 of the Giants stadium shows - and heard Rosalita, Spirit In the Night, Jungleland, Thunder Road, Hungry Heart, Backstreets, Out in the Street, Lost in the Flood, Because the Night, Ramrod, Jersey Girl amongst others - that haven't made an appearance on the newest tour. I think that a year later he doesn't feel obligated to play 7 tracks off the new record (though I am a fan of Magic - and I think 'RAdio Nowhere' is brilliant live). So the shows won't necessarily be longer (though some giants stadium tours that summer were 25 songs) - I think the sets are a little more diverse night to night, w/ a chance to hear songs deeper from the vault.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, he did play 25 songs last night, so that might be as much as he has in the tank when he comes back (although some of the songs you mentioned im guessing would go twice as long as some of his songs from Magic).

I don't know if you caught it last night, but I remember him saying "we'll be back" at one point during the late stages of the concert last night, and since that is his last NJ show of the tour so far its pretty safe to assume he is comming back.

Also, on Mike and the Mad Dog show on WFAN, they have been talking alot about Bruce the past couple weeks and they let it slip that the guy who runs the Medowlands told them that he would be playing a bunch of shows at Giants stadium (in the 10+ range if I recall correctly). They mentioned that they weren't supposed to talk about it after they let it slip, so I figured I'd let you know.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Ha - thats pretty funny (the meadowlands dude slipping). Ya, thats what people have been assuming. I'm def. gonna try and see a few of those... I mean I don't know how many tours Bruce has left in him.

I was a little confused by your comment that last night (tuesday I think you meant) was his last NJ show - b/c he played NJ tonight (wed.) as well. But i do recall him saying "we'll be back" - but that could've been referencing tonights show.

I guess tonight they got these tunes last night:
Adam Raised a Cain
Cynthia (a song off of Tracks)
Incident on 57th Street
You Can Look (But YOu better Not Touch)
Old 10-11-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ha - thats pretty funny (the meadowlands dude slipping). Ya, thats what people have been assuming. I'm def. gonna try and see a few of those... I mean I don't know how many tours Bruce has left in him.

I was a little confused by your comment that last night (tuesday I think you meant) was his last NJ show - b/c he played NJ tonight (wed.) as well. But i do recall him saying "we'll be back" - but that could've been referencing tonights show.

I guess tonight they got these tunes last night:
Adam Raised a Cain
Cynthia (a song off of Tracks)
Incident on 57th Street
You Can Look (But YOu better Not Touch)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea your right, last night wasn't his last show in NJ, but I meant it more as this is his last stop here on this leg. I took the we'll be back, as more of "we'll be back after tomorrow", but maybe I'm making to much of it.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:04 AM

are there really this many elderly people that post in bbv4l? i had always assumed the average poster age was like 19 and i find the general tone of this thread somewhat shocking
Old 10-11-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are there really this many elderly people that post in bbv4l? i had always assumed the average poster age was like 19 and i find the general tone of this thread somewhat shocking

[/ QUOTE ]

Im 23
Old 10-11-2007, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im 23

[/ QUOTE ] i'm 15. therefore, his point has overwhelming validity.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im 23

[/ QUOTE ] i'm 15. therefore, his point has overwhelming validity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no it doesn't, because he is implying that this thread is comprised of older people talking about old people music. The fact that I am 23, and you are 15, and our ages average out to 19 directly contradicts his point.