Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: (razz) Cash game quiz

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<u>Hand 3:</u>
3rd is horrible, 3rd is horrible, did I mention 3rd is horrible? No offense to the microstakers, but this is the kind of thing you see all the time at 25c/50c and one of the reasons why most players never move up.

Ah, so who was the hero? Well, suffice it to say that it's not someone I had played before IIRC, but I did recognize his/her screen from the final table of last week's WCOOP razz event. Luckily, he was generous enough to take some of his winnings and start pumping them back into the poker community.

[/ QUOTE ]

So were you slumming or did this player try and move up?

[/ QUOTE ]
Read the thread. This is 10/20; hero final tabled the WCOOP razzament, and decided to try playing low to mid stakes razz, but he obviously is over his head.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Read the thread. This is 10/20; hero final tabled the WCOOP razzament, and decided to try playing low to mid stakes razz, but he obviously is over his head.

[/ QUOTE ]
I read it betgo, I even posted in it. I assumed SG had to fiddle one of his own HHs to get the converter to make "Hero" out of someone whose HH was not sent to SG. So I didn't know if he changed the limit to protect everyone's identity or if "hero" had moved up stratospherically.

I guess as a micro player myself I can't fathom, no matter how much money I had, going v\from .50/1 or 1/2 suddenly up to 10/20. Maybe 3/6 if I had a few thousand to donk off.

No wonder he "slipped."
Old 09-29-2007, 11:27 PM

I don't think OP is a microstakes player. I assume hero is a holdem or stud player (professional or amateur) and not a microstakes razz player.

I assume OP also made up hero's hole cards for the hands that didn't go to showdown.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think OP is a microstakes player. I assume hero is a holdem or stud player (professional or amateur) and not a microstakes razz player.

I assume OP also made up hero's hole cards for the hands that didn't go to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on as usual betgo. I did have to doctor some of the hole cards, but kept everything else (including limits) the same.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero plays micro Razz on PStars, I've played with him. He might play other stuff also, I wouldn't know. I know SG doesn't play micro but does play 3/6. Sometimes when there are no higher stakes games, the high stakers show up at 1/2. To me, 1/2 is the highest micro level, and 2/4 is the lowest mid-level.

Which has nothing to do with anything, I guess.

Congratulations, BTW, I saw your name on the top WCOOP money winners list, did I not?
Old 09-30-2007, 06:33 PM

2nd in the WCOOP $530 PLHE for $64K. Had almost a 2-1 edge going into HU and was outplaying the guy. I wouldn't chop. Pretty interesting HU match you might want to check out on the final table replay. We both show our hole cards. I think today or tomorrow is the last day to view it.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 AM

Haven't read replies yet so bear with me.

Hand #1: 3rd is marginal to bad IMO, I'd just fold it.
Hand #2: 5th is really ugly, obv check/call.
Hand #3: Not a good spot to defend IMO, muck 3rd.
Hand #4: Fold 5th easily. You're crushed on 4th anyway.. Once you peel 5th though, I have a hard time not calling this all the way down.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:31 AM

Ok good, I felt like a nit for wanting to just muck 4th in Hand #4 but betgo confirmed my suspicions that we're almost always up against a 6 draw here.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On 4th street, villain has A246, 2356 or something like that. He reraised the early position raise on 3rd, and there are two 6s out there, so it is unlikely he paired. OP has 476J, and he is too far behind, so regardless of how much is in the pot or how live his cards are, he needs to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about this a bit, ran simulations, played it out a few times, I think your right.

Goes to show that a double bet on third isn't an insta-call when catching a brick on fourth.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

On 4th street, villain has A246, 2356 or something like that. He reraised the early position raise on 3rd, and there are two 6s out there, so it is unlikely he paired. OP has 476J, and he is too far behind, so regardless of how much is in the pot or how live his cards are, he needs to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about this a bit, ran simulations, played it out a few times, I think your right.

Goes to show that a double bet on third isn't an insta-call when catching a brick on fourth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis by betgo here, and I agree in this spot a fold is correct on 4th. But, it's a bit cavalier to claim that you must fold regardless of the size of the pot especially if there had been a ton of action on 3rd st.