Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Rigged: KK and an Ace flops -- line check

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with C/F flop. I would MUCH rather c-bet, c/f the turn. By C/F the flop you are making it much to easy to get bluffed off. Also Villain will easily be able to take you off AK/AA as you would obviously bet that flop with either of those holdings.

As played, easy fold to his flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody said to c/f the flop.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
prob c/c flop, and fold to a turnbet

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? So you just assume villian as an Ace? Even a bad villian will toss out a bet when he senses weakness.

Okay, you c/c a flop bet, the villian check behinds the turn, then you do what on the river?

C-betting this flop makes life so much easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably call a smallish bet but doubt villian will bet the river when he checked the turn.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:51 PM

My default line on all 3-bet pots is to Cbet (unless it's a very wet flop). In this case, I see the merits of c/c-ing the flop against they typical villian. Against an aggressive villian though, if you c/c the flop, and check the turn, they'll bet everytime and take the pot away from you regardless if they have an ace or not.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My default line on all 3-bet pots is to Cbet (unless it's a very wet flop).

[/ QUOTE ]

you should reconsider this, esp oop
Old 08-30-2007, 02:07 PM

I think it's a pretty good default...obviously there are range considerations being taken also, but generally speaking, unless the board completely missed your range and hit villians, betting is always better than checking. I'm starting to see why people are noticing the board getting more passive.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:16 PM

Raise more pre IMO - I really hate betting here, I like check call something reasonable. FWIW I also check call quite abit w AK/AQ as well here.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a pretty good default...obviously there are range considerations being taken also, but generally speaking, unless the board completely missed your range and hit villians, betting is always better than checking. I'm starting to see why people are noticing the board getting more passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can never assign a villain a range narrow enough to assume it completely missed it. 88/99/TT/JJ/QQ are all in his range, as are AK/AQ and a range of others. By leading the flop your missing alot of value from the hands you beat and paying off the hands your behind to. simple as that.

Just auto cbetting because you were the last pf raiser as a matter of principle is a leak.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:38 PM

I don't see how c-betting this is bad. Villain may certainly call our c-bet with hands that we beat (88-QQ, two diamonds, etc), and we can get away from it if he resists. If we check, he may pop us with any of his holdings, so we may be giving up too easily. If we check/call, we've put money into the pot with a marginal hand and no indication of where we stand, only to face a (potentially) much bigger bet on the turn. Check/fold is too MUBSy. I don't see why bet/fold is so bad.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting this flop is pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was definitely wondering about this. Do you agree with the c/c flop, c/f turn that some folks have proposed?

It seems to me that if we call a flop bet, we're kind of committed to the pot because we're not that likely to be in worse shape on the turn, and the pot will be pretty big compared to the stacks left.

I bet in part because I didn't want to make a big mistake on the turn, and if I happened to take down the pot with my c-bet, I'm OK with it, as I don't know villain well enough to guess at whether I can induce a bluff by checking. Not saying that's the best way to approach the hand, just what I was thinking.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. He usually has something like AQ here. I also wouldn't rule out a set. Either way you are beat. It sucks to let KK go, but you really have to here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree, and I did fold, but I thought maybe it was too weak with the decent odds I was getting. I think that's one reason to make the initial bet, that it's going to be tough for villain to raise without something that beats me, so my plan was to fold to a raise when I made the beet.