Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: want to lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks

[ QUOTE ]
Question, How are you a sprinter in HS weighing in at 190 and 5'10''. Isn't 190 like.. overweight for someone that height?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bit under 5ft 10in and I played college point guard at 185lbs and was in phenomenal shape. As a comparison I now weigh 210 and while I'm not skinny, I certainly don't think anyone would call me fat either. Body type has a lot to do with it.

Or think about it this way: The average NFL running back is 5ft 10in or so and weighs around 225...do you think they're fat?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 PM

"Eat between 0 and 750 calories per day, and try to average 300 or less. Do the following workout each day:

5 mile warmup run
then 2-3 hours of strenuous exercise"

yeah, don't do this...
Old 08-16-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Eat between 0 and 750 calories per day, and try to average 300 or less. Do the following workout each day:

5 mile warmup run

yeah, don't do this...

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is one problem I have with this board: We try to give people advice not based upon what they requested.

OP never mentioned trying to live a healthy lifestyle or stay in shape long term. He wants immediate results so that he can look good at a social function in 2 weeks. You all are giving him advice that doesn't have anything to do with what he asked.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

5 mile warmup run

yeah, don't do this...

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is one problem I have with this board: We try to give people advice not based upon what they requested.

OP never mentioned trying to live a healthy lifestyle or stay in shape long term. He wants immediate results so that he can look good at a social function in 2 weeks. You all are giving him advice that doesn't have anything to do with what he asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you are right, i just made the assumption that op wouldnt mind having a bit of energy at the wedding...

you are right, eat 300 calories a day until you are sexy at the wedding, post results...
Old 08-17-2007, 12:50 PM

Which picture is the trick photo the bottom left??
Did they fatten him up with photoshop?
or did they just use a photo from 6 months earlier and get him to hold a 04-03-2007 newspaper?
Old 08-17-2007, 12:54 PM

I too am wondering wtf is the deal. FWIW in his progress thread he said he was 195 @ 10% BF in the first picture. That doesn't seem right to me.

EDIT: I guess this is partially the point. Who knows if this is legit though.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which picture is the trick photo the bottom left??
Did they fatten him up with photoshop?
or did they just use a photo from 6 months earlier and get him to hold a 04-03-2007 newspaper?

[/ QUOTE ]

The picture is entirely real. It's just misleading because he is flexing on the right, and on the left he said he just finished eating so he was a little bloated. He also pushed his stomach out to appear fatter.

[ QUOTE ]
I too am wondering wtf is the deal. FWIW in his progress thread he said he was 195 @ 10% BF in the first picture. That doesn't seem right to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The two pics dated 4-3-07 above were taken within minutes of each other. You can clearly see when he is flexing, he is pretty close to 10% bf. He took the non-flexing pic that makes him look really fat in order to make his transformation appear more impressive than it actually was.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:24 PM

Guys, seriously there is an article on T-nation about this. Go to your bathroom and try to pooch your stomach out and slump your shoulders. Look at yourself. Stand up straight and flex and then look at yourself.

If you add lighting/clothing changes and some sodium cycling for a few days you can "shed" 25 lbs in 4 days. Its simple to make yourself look terrible.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, seriously there is an article on T-nation about this. Go to your bathroom and try to pooch your stomach out and slump your shoulders. Look at yourself. Stand up straight and flex and then look at yourself.

If you add lighting/clothing changes and some sodium cycling for a few days you can "shed" 25 lbs in 4 days. Its simple to make yourself look terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point Thremp.

Also remember that the "dramatic changes " in precontest bodybuilders and the man pictured in this thread had bodyfat levels under 10%. Remember that.

Anyone over 20% body fat and up let me repeat: almost all of the fat isnt going anywhere in 2 weeks or less so water loss tricks wont hide the fat if you are fat. So don't bother considering water loss as a goal to drasticly improve your definition unless you are lean to begin with.

If you are over 20% bodyfat *almost all of us have been there then think longterm. Think "How can I get ripped and ENJOY the PROCESS? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]" give yourself pleasure exercise more and eat very little amounts of processed grains then when you are already lean then worry about cutting water levels to bring out the 6 pack of abs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]