Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Who continues pass the flop?

[ QUOTE ]
the river was a Queen (J85KQ). Everyone checked. Anyone make this bet in an attempt to fold off the utg?

[/ QUOTE ] don't bluff. somebody who's been driving the action will not fold for one bet.

[ QUOTE ]

I managed to get a glance at my friends cards as he was getting ready to muck in disgust(A239 suited). Speaking of which, I was very surprised to see him raise this flop which might result in folding me and the other player. Anyone like this play?

[/ QUOTE ] if he knows he's going to get customers to call 2 then it's a great play. if he's raising because he has counterfeit protection then it's not a good raise. it's also great when a very strong player *might* dump a naked A2. so yes, equity wise it's not a great play since he's knocking out worse low draws BUT if he can knock out the same draws then he's picking up equity. you'll need to ask him what he was thinking. (i do this on the turn to knock out the other low draws)

[ QUOTE ]
the player behind me flashed me his cards which were 4567 (for a flopped straight draw).

[/ QUOTE ]

guy called 4 cold preflop with that hand? good game.

however, one thing you thing missed is that you're double suited so you'll always have one back door draw working for you. i was curious if you had both back door flushes.

i'm too rusty to comment on the mathmatics of peeling on the flop getting 10:1 but i'd be worried about getting whipsawwed between UTG and your friend. i think it's close but generally a peel if you can get a read since it's live play and also it's mid/high stakes where people play one way hands in a different ways

can any of the regular high limit guys like cero, JV, 7x6, man in arena comment on what they do here?
Old 08-09-2007, 02:20 PM

There is no chance that i fold the flop here, there are way to many ways for you to win this hand with this many bets in it. The turn call is reasonable, against a bet and a raise you might have to give it up. No point in bluffing the river, eithe your AA might be good, but there is no chance anyone folds two pair in a pot that size.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:56 AM

Thanks guys. I guess I must have flopped 1 backdoor flush draw; all I remember was that, by the turn, the board was a complete rainbow so my hand really did get a lot weaker. Of course, as it turned out, noone was drawing to a high straight and noone held a king, so actually (unknowingly of course) I picked up 3 extra outs. Granted, I'm usually putting my $ in as a much bigger favorite, but some times these things happen.

Howzit: interesting topic about the A23 hand and what my friends approach with it was. I'll ask him what his thought process was next time I see him.

I think you're both correct in saying that any 2-pair hand will more than likely make the crying call with a pot of that size. If he had to act directly after me, well then I may have been able to fold him off because he'd have to worry what would happen behind him,too, plus, it would make my bet seem a lot more believable. But, given my position vs. his, yeah, I'd probably be wasting a bet.