Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 03:27 PM

Default New to the game, please check some hands from my session

Hi, I'm new to the game and hope you can check some hands I played on Party PL25.
I usually don't make multi-hand-posts, but I don't know exactly at what part of the games I should take care, so I hope you will give me anyway just some short answers pointing my leaks in hands, I found difficult.

1) Stack sizes:
UTG: $14.24
UTG+1: $6.62
MP1: $37.21
MP2: $18.65
MP3: $27.17
Hero: $24.75
Button: $26.52
SB: $20.01
BB: $25.78

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.5, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.43</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.36, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($4.36, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $10.36

2) Villain seemed to be (very) tight. He played perhaps only 2 or 3 hand in the last two orbits. Easy fold at the river??

Stack sizes:
UTG: $15
UTG+1: $07
MP1: $31
Hero: $39
CO: $87
Button: $86
SB: $55
BB: $28

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB calls, UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.52, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.52</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($4.41, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4.41, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $4.41</font>, <font color="red">Hero ??</font>

3) Villain was short but did not play a tight short stack strategy, that's why I pushed my straight on a flush flop against him.

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25
UTG+1: $77.94
CO: $1.89
Button: $35.65
Hero: $24.25
BB: $8.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.7</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $1.39</font>.

4) Villain was loose-passive, I stacked him on another table where he overplayed an overpair (on a 2xpaired,connected,2suited board?!) I had no idea what to do here postflop:

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25
UTG+1: $16.15
MP1: $22.27
CO: $21.64
Hero: $32.14
SB: $25.35
BB: $29.90

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.35</font>, 3 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3.3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.3, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">CO bets $3</font>, Hero folds.

5) Villain has VPIP of 25 and a low WtSD and multitabled. I thought he would play very careful and so I played very aggressive.

Stack sizes:
UTG: $30.06
UTG+1: $24.75
MP1: $16.81
MP2: $8.20
MP3: $24.50
CO: $49.69
Hero: $49.88
SB: $27.65
BB: $24.40

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.35</font>, 2 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.3, 2 players)
MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.14</font>, MP2 folds.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: New to the game, please check some hands from my session

Fold hand 1 preflop.

Hand 2 mostly depends on how aggressive he gets on the river. There are some are some tight passive players that will use their image to steal on the river.

In reference to hand 4, how did the hand on the other table go down with that guy.

Hand 5, do it.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:04 PM

Hand 1: Fold preflop. This hand will just get you in trouble. I'd probably value bet a little smaller on the river, but the rest looks fine.

Hand 2: Definitely bet the turn. Villain's most likely hand is a set here and you don't want to let that draw for free. After checking the turn, you've really under-repped your hand and have to call. Even a tight player can no one when to try to move someone off a straight on a flush board.

Hand 3: Don't much like a raise. Calling and then pushing the turn if everyone else folds and the board doesn't pair would be better.

Hand 4: This is tricky, but I'd raise the flop against most players as this kinda looks like a weak draw. If you get called on the raise, you can either check it down the rest of the way or pot a blank turn depending on how the game's playing.

Hand 5: Pretty good. If anything, you could try betting a little less on the flop though as you lose less when villain hits a hand and if he doesn't have a flush or a set, he'll be perfectly happy to fold for $2.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:31 PM

Hand 1: fold preflop, fine as played
Hand 2: snap-call; I bet turn under normal circumstances for the most part, but checking here isn't terrible as it can induce a bluff/bad play on river from villain.
Hand 3: no to everything
Hand 4: as played turn fold is fine, maybe raise flop but given description probably best not to
Hand 5: fine, don't even need a read to do this most of the time