Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 08-05-2007, 08:12 AM

Default LIMCASH 1st 2 hands in matchup, marginal vs unknown

Both hands were played basical at a 2/4 FR table that I just had opened yet, but situation should be similiar to the beginning of a heads up. Villain was unknown.

I always feel unsecure how to handle those hands, so I hope to get here some hints.

1) PokerStars 2.00/4.00 Limit Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(2 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (2.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks\.

River: (2.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks\.

Final Pot: 2.75 BB.

2) PokerStars 2.00/4.00 Limit Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(2 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (2.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, SB checks\.

River: (2.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, SB checks\.

Final Pot: 2.75 BB.

In hand 1) I guess, I should have bet the turn and call down if he c/r me, as played I should have valebettet the river. Right?

In hand 2) I guess, checking the turn is fine, but after he checks behind the turn, I should have valuebettet the river for my own with a hard decision if he raises me on the river. Right?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: LIMCASH 1st 2 hands in matchup, marginal vs unknown

Limit heads up I would personaly bet the river on both hands, alot of players will pay you off with weaker hands especially small pocket pairs, they are almost impossible to get people to fold sometimes. For the first hand if he's going to check to you it is very unlikely he has a better flush because unless he is very tight every flush there is going to bet apart from maybe a flush with a 5 or lower. For the secound hand looks like he is just calling with high cards maybe a small pocket pair again or even a flush draw, the way he has played looks like your beating him and likely to pay off a river bet.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:16 PM

You missed two bets in hand 1. Call down a turn c/r as well.

You need to c/r the flop in hand two. River is a must bet as well. I'd call a river raise early in a match as well to see what type of moron he his.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:02 PM

I completely agree that these hands were played way too passively. We have an extremely good hand on the first flop and I liked that you bet. In my opinion you have to bet the turn because tons of hands are behind you here and I would bet the river if checked to also. At no point am I not seeing a showdown in this hand and if he shows any resistance by c/r then i'm just c/cing down.

I don't mind the c/c on the second hand but I am definitely way more likely just to lead out into him or c/r the flop. More or less, you have to take control on the flop to see where you're at because you're waaay ahead of his range. I probably keep firing at it until he raises me at some point in the hand and then I just call him down.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:17 PM

Disclaimer: I play primarily NLHU Cash, but this weekend I was experimenting with a couple of 15/30 and 10/20 HU Limit tables.

Not sure if people fold more lower, in hand 1 here I would have value bet 3 streets and expected to be called down with bottom pair no diamond by most unknowns.

In hand 2 i probably keep betting too, and maybe call a raise and call down, at least until i had a read. (I might check call the river).
Old 08-06-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if people fold more lower, in hand 1 here I would have value bet 3 streets and expected to be called down with bottom pair no diamond by most unknowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can beat a little more then that, no?