Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 07-30-2007, 12:31 AM

Default 3 tricky Hands as Aggressor from early multiway, 2/4 Stars

I'd like to check 3 hands to make sure, I'm not fancy playing [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] from my last seesion. All were played 2/4 FR on stars.

1) Someone posted dead money in the pot (so pf was not loose).
PokerStars 2.00/4.00 Limit Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Stats
MP2 (27/7/1.50/25) (15h)
BB (20/13/oo/0) (15h)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks\.

Turn: (3.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, BB calls.

River: (7.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB folds\.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB.

Here, I decided to slowplay, as there are not many high spades out there (that will also cold call me usually), hoping someone has hit a marginal hand or will still get one on the turn if not yet.

2) New to the table, no villain known to me.

PokerStars 2.00/4.00 Limit Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(8 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BU calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BU calls, BB folds\.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, BU folds, MP1 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks\.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB.

Ugly spot, especially if nobody is known.
However, my JJ could even in this multiway pot be best and the MP-limp/caller might be the most unlikely to have a king in his hand.
So I tried to find a line that minimizes the risk of getting semibluffed while also minizes the costs when I might be behind.
So I decided just to call on the flop to see what happens behind me and if nobody raises, I will on the turn representing AK or KK, so I can easy fold to a 3bet on the turn (that might be hard on the flop as somebody could 3bet me with 2 spades or a worse PP there).

3) PokerStars 2.00/4.00 Limit Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(8 handed)</font> HandRecorder v0.9b

Stats
BU (15/3/1.00/29) (33h)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BU calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB folds\.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BU calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">BU bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BU calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB.

Here, I put villain following his stats on 99-QQ,AJ-AK,KQs. Given his range, I thought, he will correctly fold 99-JJ here, so I tought despite the 2 spades (what flush draw should he have, only K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] might be), that it is more a less a wa/wb situation here. So my plan was to call him down.
As the river was the 3rd spade, I decided to bet/fold.
Given his low AF, a fold to his raise should be easy, but I didn't want to lose value if ahead.

Sorry for the longer post, but I'd really like to check whether fancy play here or well done [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: 3 tricky Hands as Aggressor from early multiway, 2/4 Stars

hand 1: bad slowplay. stop slowplaying the nuts. just bet.

hand 2: i raise the flop and go from there.

hand 3: i bet the turn. if i spazzed and didnt bet the turn i'd C/R it.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: bad slowplay. stop slowplaying the nuts. just bet.

hand 2: i raise the flop and go from there.

hand 3: i bet the turn. if i spazzed and didnt bet the turn i'd C/R it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 AM

hand 1 makes me laugh at you and players like you

hand 2 is fine actually, but bet the river

hand 3 makes me chortle, in that you had the opportunity to c/r the turn, but didn't.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 makes me laugh at you and players like you

hand 2 is fine actually, but bet the river

hand 3 makes me chortle, in that you had the opportunity to c/r the turn, but didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
kamel:

The reason BBB is telling you these things is because you're just missing bets.

In hand 1, you were the PFR, everyone expects a c-bet anyway, don't dissapoint them. Just think about how much action you'd have gotten from a smaller flopped fl or a set. Your check, then turn bet is highly suspect to anyone but the oblivious.

Hand 2 is OK, but I think (as others have pointed out) that you likely could have answered your WA/WB question with a flop raise. As it turned out, you got the answer on the turn, then failed to capitalize on it with your river check behind.

Hand 3 turn play could come directly out of HEFAP. If you're not going to donk it, then this is the PERFECT time to c/r.

All-in-all, I don't think many folks here see this play as "3 tricky hands." And I don't mean to sound like I'm rediculing you here. Learn from these guys; that's why you posted, right?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:05 AM

grunch

hand #1: bet the flop, after that the hand played itself... (omg I have the nut, what should I do?)

hand #2: raise the flop. As played, bet the river.

hand #3: just bet the turn. As played, c/r it.

(Just read the responses. Good to know we are all agreeing)
Old 07-30-2007, 01:18 PM

Thanks for all the answers. I understoodd perfect Hand 1 and 2 (thx again for clearing this), however, I first had problems to understand Hand #3.

So I started to write the following lines:
[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to ask again about #3. (I don't have HEFAP, so sorry if it's boring for you to reexplain)

First, I'd like to check my range for my opponent.
I gave him preflop following his stats BU (15/3/1.00/29) (33h) (o.k. not very significant) 99-QQ,AJ+,KQs. Perhaps sometimes a bit more or less but, I thought a reasonable range here. O.K.?

All of this hands might call the flop as he could have the best hand or try to win the hand later in this hand. O.K.?

Given his WtSD of 30 and his low AF of 1.0, I assumed he would fold correctly all but AJ and KQ correctly of his range to a turn bet if he's behind and will not fold any better hand. Only against K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I would need to protect my hand.

So where is the point in betting the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I wanted to underline my point of view with stoving given my hand against the range that villain will call me.
So AK on this turnbord vs AJ+,KQs give my an equity of 57%, so I'm ahead and that of course makes everything clear.

If I bet out and villain does not fold, I'm still favorite to win this hand, so betting is for value and especially if thought to KQs also for protection.

So everything is clear for me now, and thank you all for helping me to get better.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 PM

Hand 1= Don't even think about slowplaying this with only three to the flop. If you've got 5+ potential customers out there then maybe I can see a flop check. But with only two others the only way you're going to build a pot is to bet this flop.

Hand 2= you have to bet the river.