Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 06-17-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Obvious fold or not?

Opponent is aggressive, but doesn't seem very good. He's usually on tilt when I see him playing. Some may say just call 3rd, but I like to invest the extra bet to give myself a better chance of winning unimproved, and for long-term deception. Is 6th street a call or fold?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls

4th Street - (4.80 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.40 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (5.40 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___?
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___[b]bets
Old 06-17-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Obvious fold or not?

3rd Street is fine, as long as you're not making this play every time.

6th is a fold. The way the hand has progressed, you have to give him credit for at least a pair to start. If he had a draw to start, the Kc must have helped him and as an aggressive player, he should/would have semibluff raised on 4th. You're either a big dog or a small favorite. You cant represent kings anymore and you're not getting odds to draw to a FH. Tough hand to lay down 4 handed for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's the right play.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:35 PM

I think you have to call down here. As far as I can tell, the only thing that makes sense for the other guy is a flush draw. It's true that that gives him a zillion outs against your hand, but there's some money in the pot, and you can also improve. Even on tilt, he shouldn't be calling on fifth with one pair unless maybe it's pocket Aces, which is possible, I suppose. A flush draw is much more likely, though.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:46 PM

Oops, you're right. I misread and didn't notice OP made open queens on 5th; I had thought it was 6th. Flush and straight draws are much more likely now. Now this is a call down. Just ignore the last post...