Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 03-29-2007, 07:27 AM

Default Re: My Featured Article in Bluff Magazine

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, my magazine hasn't arrived yet, but I re-read the online article. It's ok, and I think all poker writers make little mistakes here & there that end up in print, so that's almost expected.

I understand what you're saying and don't have much problem with it. I'm just puzzled with all the hoopla in the higher stakes thread about it. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to cut you down or anything it's just... I don't understand what is with the overly thrilled posts.

I can only conclude either I am missing some important concept here, or there are a lot of bad players browsing the higher stakes forum who really have no business there. O_o

Anyhow, it seems your article is getting a lot of POSITIVE remarks from 2+2 kids, which is a good thing of course. There has been some bad taste going around in the recent past and it's good to see some amends between the 2+2 & Bluff group.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the article is decent. I dont get this idea about Sklansky dollars. I know for a fact there is nothing in TOP under this subject. Percentages etc yes, but not dollars.
Perhaps this author is creating a new lingo relating to TOP concepts.
By the way I suggest strongly that if you do not own TOP you are far from being competent. Yes the odd "natural" comes along but they are EXTREMELY very rare.
I play with a large group of TV educated players and they never heard of TOP.
Yes I am serious that not one of them heard of the book or author.
I had an extra free copy of TOP to give away and absolutely no one wanted it.They however consider their ace rag game very competent.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying and don't have much problem with it. I'm just puzzled with all the hoopla in the higher stakes thread about it. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not trying to cut you down or anything it's just... I don't understand what is with the overly thrilled posts.

I can only conclude either I am missing some important concept here, or there are a lot of bad players browsing the higher stakes forum who really have no business there. O_o

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be missing some important concepts. Obviously I'm biased, but you can see that many very good players agree with me that it is an important article

I don't think there is a more important aspect of poker than the one I wrote about.

They might also be overly thrilled because no one who beats no limit games as big as I the ones I do has written something that in depth on poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caveat: I am not a high stakes player

The sense I get from players responding to the article is not that they believe this whole IDEA is new or groundbreaking. But they agree it's a VERY important piece of a winning NL game and thought the anaylsis gave a new kind of shorthand for deciding on the right play and keeping track of the quality of your play.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be missing some important concepts. Obviously I'm biased, but you can see that many very good players agree with me that it is an important article

I don't think there is a more important aspect of poker than the one I wrote about.

They might also be overly thrilled because no one who beats no limit games as big as I the ones I do has written something that in depth on poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Caveat: I am not a high stakes player

The sense I get from players responding to the article is not that they believe this whole IDEA is new or groundbreaking. But they agree it's a VERY important piece of a winning NL game and thought the anaylsis gave a new kind of shorthand for deciding on the right play and keeping track of the quality of your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that 90% of todays players need more of a basic foundation even before remotely considering any form of intermediate concepts.
There were a much higher ratio of competent players pre moneymaker WSOP win.
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]