Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 01-12-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Waiting to show a good hand

[ QUOTE ]
I see this a lot. Some guy bets on the river and gets 2 or 3 callers. Then he just sits there waiting for them to show first. It seems to be some type of game they play.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the last bettor or raiser stalls, why doesn't the dealer or some other player(s) pipe up and ask them to show. People will probably get the idea after they've been asked a few times.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a slowroll - I think if it as thinking awhile before calling a river bet with the stone cold nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if someone with the nuts asks you for your chip count when you moved all-in, is that a slow-roll? Seems to me it is,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thees are not slowrolls. The key word here is roll, as in rolling your hand over.

A slowroll is when someone shows a hand and you look disappointed, maybe even say nice hand, then roll over the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although you cite the more "traditional" definition, I kind of think these ARE slow rolls. A friend of mine was in a tournament. Limped around 8 way action, and he checks the BB with 3s6s. Flop is As Js Ts. He decides to move in, and it gets foldedd around to the absolute last player with cards. This player asks for a chip count. Then he separates out the call from the rest of his stack, eyeballs the remainder of his chips, thinks, looks at my friend, looks back at his stack, and says, "OK, I call." They flip their hands, and this guy shows KsQs for a flopped royal.

Although it doesn't fit your traditional defintion, this still feels like a slow-roll to me!

--Headhunter
Old 01-12-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although it doesn't fit your traditional defintion, this still feels like a slow-roll to me!

--Headhunter

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree with you there.

But some people don't realize they can't be beat.
Last night, 4 players at the river, a bet a 2 callers,
last to act thinks for a few then finally smooth calls.
Then rolls over the nuts. When asked why he didn't raise
he said "I was afraid of the flush".