Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 04:56 PM

Default $10/$20 Stud High

Villain is a semi-aggressive regular, although I haven't played with him much. Standard?

HORSE - 7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (4.80 SB)

Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (4.40 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises

6th Street - (8.40 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.40 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (12.40 BB)
Old 11-18-2006, 05:26 PM

Default Re: $10/$20 Stud High

And?
Old 11-18-2006, 05:41 PM

Well I think the reason to raise there is 1) to see where you are and 2) to get it heads up. Usually you are doing the latter with an overcard kicker per 7CS4AP.

Here, one kicker card is dead, and maybe two if he actually has aces, so if you have an underpair it isnt as strong as it usually is. It also looks like you are going to be heads up without having to raise it with only a dead ten and the BI behind you. I would be tempted to play it cheaper on 3rd and see how the hand develops. I think the way you played it was fine though. Was he on diamonds and backed into something?
Old 11-18-2006, 11:54 PM

Looks fine to me. Third's probably debatable, but it seems apparent that the other guy is quite capable of raising with something less than a premium hand.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine to me. Third's probably debatable, but it seems apparent that the other guy is quite capable of raising with something less than a premium hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto
Old 11-20-2006, 03:03 AM

After looking at action on the later streets, third definetely looks good since he's more likely to be on diamonds (live) than aces (one dead).

After that looks standard