Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2006, 12:10 AM

Default Re: PokerDome Oct 8 - \"Boston\" Rob Mariano (Survivor)

[ QUOTE ]
A. They let them act like idiots when they introduce the players with those parts against the LV backdrop

B. I agree that the music when the flop, turn, river is way overdone and incredibly annoying. If you're going to have music, make it a bit less intense please.

C. Tompkins is busy doing college football now. The two alternating PBP guys are Joel Meyers and Jon Kelley (who did last night's show). Both are guilty of the overemphasizing, and Konik should go as well. I though Michael Gracz/Joe Sebok were supposed to be on more often then they seem to have been (but I don't watch every week).

[/ QUOTE ]

Last night's show was Konik (the show with Mariano). Here's one of his lines (paraphrasing):

"whoever wins this and takes down the $25,000 can consider himself a professional poker player"
Old 10-10-2006, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else feel they have learned SOMETHING from watching PokerDome Challenge?

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned that Tony G. can be boring.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A) They need stop telling people to not act like idiots on the show. Yeah, it might look stupid, but a bunch of middle-aged to old men showing little emotion with no table talk is boring. When I was on the show and we were doing a bunch of practice rounds, I started doing a Flair-esque strut and jumping around after I "busted" two people on the river. Back in the green room before we went on, I sternly scolded by two different executive figures NEVER to do that or anything like it in the future, as they emphasized a formal and proper setting. This is fine if this is a real tournament for 6-figures with pros, but this was essentially a coinflipping winner-take-all SNG, let us do what we want.

B) Get rid of the stupid dramatic music and strobe lights. It's distracting, too loud, and takes away from the play.

C) Get a decent play-by-play regular. Tompkins is ok and works well with Konik, Chris Rose is underrated IMO, but whoever the Joel guy is (African-American) needs to be canned, he's awful at overemphasizing every single action.

D) Show less hands in the beginning where someone raises and takes the blinds. I was surprised at my taping that they actually did not show at least 5-6 all-in confrontations early and late.

All I can think of. Oh, don't get on the bad sides of FSN execs either, they read this [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you manage to suffer through all of those winner take all satellites? Just to make it on that show takes alot of wasted time in worthless satellites. I don't know how you had the patience, but well done sir!

Point well taken about your experience with the FSN execs, but seriously who cares what they think? In all their time broadcasting poker they've only managed to do one thing right and that's get Lee Ann Tweeden to appear on Pokerdome. Which by the way any show with Lee Ann Tweeden in it is not a complete waste of time.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did you manage to suffer through all of those winner take all satellites? Just to make it on that show takes alot of wasted time in worthless satellites. I don't know how you had the patience, but well done sir!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I tried a few. The software is horrible. The players are horrible. And I don't see how they stay in business with the 27+/- players they have in their cash games...I wouldn't put a dime of someone else's money on that site.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:22 PM

Thankfully got on the horse early when you only had to win one satellite , mine being 250-something people, and over 50% being busto by the first break. I spent like 40% of my roll trying to qualify for the WSPO on Stars/Mansion/PP, I was friggin' due. And we at least got five-hundo cash.

Oh, I also got scolded by one of the cameramen for staring at Tweeden's jugs while waiting 20 minutes for my interview to begin, then it didn't even happen [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]