Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 06:13 PM

Default Re: EPT London - Victoria Coren

yea
Old 09-26-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was she the woman sitting at the table with Victor Goulding during his appearance on the 2005 WSOP episodes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that was Victoria Coren, before she got a makeover and became a TV "presenter" on the BBC.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(For comparison: Erica Schoenberg got a 3 year deal from MANSION that is worth around USD$400,000 a year, or USD$1.2 million total, with no prior track record.)

[/ QUOTE ]If Schoenberg is worth $400K a year, I'd say that Coren should be worth about $125K a year.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(For comparison: Erica Schoenberg got a 3 year deal from MANSION that is worth around USD$400,000 a year, or USD$1.2 million total, with no prior track record.)

[/ QUOTE ]If Schoenberg is worth $400K a year, I'd say that Coren should be worth about $125K a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, genius, please JUSTIFY your valuation of Ms. Coren's online poker endorsement contract, using sound quantitative reasoning.

The professors at the 2+2.com MBA program are waiting for your oral presentation of your valuation.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, genius, please JUSTIFY your valuation of Ms. Coren's online poker endorsement contract, using sound quantitative reasoning.

The professors at the 2+2.com MBA program are waiting for your oral presentation of your valuation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schoenberg is hotter?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not that hard. On a scale of 1 to 10 where 6 is roughly average (and therefore worth nothing in endorsements), Victoria is about a 7, and Erica is a 9+. Therefore, Erica has a hotness advantage over Victoria (as compared to the average person) by a factor of just more than three.

I didn't spell it out in my previous post because I thought it was obvious.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Schoenberg is worth more b/c she can be the face of Mansion. Coren would be one of many people - and not even the only woman, and not even the cutest woman, and not even the only British person - on the Full Tilt roster. Much of the same can be said for Stars.

when you say something like "Coren would bring in $1m worth of new players", you need to consider how much of this - if any - would be incremental over the same marketing efforts/communication done w/ Phil Ivey, or Jen Harmon, or Mercier, or the Hendon Mob, etc etc. At some point, the little incremental value a site gets in adding yet another sponsored played to their roster is simply not that valuable. If the player isn't going to address a new market in a meaningful way, the site is simply blowing money. In fact, any marketing efforts done with Coren may end up being LESS succesfull than the efforts would have been with bigger name players, in which case the site has just blown the endorsement money PLUS the media buy money.

If you want to make the case that Coren is worth $1m MORE than the players I mentioned above, or any other player currently sponsored by Full Tilt or Stars, then go ahead. Her value at other rooms is more, but who are the likely candidates? How many sites, besides those 2, are throwing money around at players like it's 2004?

re: the players 'track records' - meh they are nearly meaningless. Neither Coren nor Schoenberg will win another televised WPT, WSOP, or EPT event in the next 2 years.

Signed,
KBZ 2+2'er and MBA [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2006, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had thought Vicky was sponsored by Paradise for quite a while, but I see her sporting Stars gear on The Hendon Mob's forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes she was wearing Paradise at the WSOP.
[image]http://pokerfolio.com/Gallery1/WSOP-06/vicky[/image]