Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Dealer shafts me, whats my play?

Foxwoods 1/2.

Nittish Old Guy UTG limps, someone in MP raises to 5, four callers.

I call in BB w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], UTG calls.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check, UTG bets 15. I'd sat at this table for an hour or so, and and a pretty good read that UTG had an ace here. He would definitely have raised AK, but AQ and certainly A7 are in his range. But so is every other Ax combination, so I'm crushing his range.

It folds around fairly quickly. When the action gets to me, I look down and min-raise (lol live play) in less than 10 seconds. When I look up, I see that the dealer has mucked the flop, and begun to start pushing the pot to UTG. I holler, and stop the dealer. Both UTG and myself still have our hole cards. The stub appears to be retrievable, but it's really a mess.

(FWIW, I really did not take longer than 10 seconds with the raise, nor was I wearing a hood over my head. My cards were legally displayed, albeit w/ a chip or 2 over them.)

At this point my raise is out on the felt, and there's no mistaking that I have a strong hand. Somebody starts calling for the floor, but I'm guessing any reasonable floor is going to order the pot chopped, and I feel entitled to the pot. I quickly make my case, and of course the rest of the table is griping about how the dealer needs to pay more attention, blah blah.

In the mess, before the floor arrived, UTG actually pushed his cards to the dealer. The dealer TURBO-MUCKED them, and pushed the pot to me, with about 10 seconds to spare before a floorperson came over.

Is this the best possible outcome of a crappy situation? IMO, I would've been able to hustle ~100 out of UTG, and possibly stack him for his 200 had the hand played out.