Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review

Old 12-01-2007, 02:22 PM

Default December\'s \"You\'ll Shoot Your Eye Out\" NC Chat thread

Let us hohohohohoho!
Old 12-01-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: December\'s \"You\'ll Shoot Your Eye Out\" NC Chat thread

Old 12-01-2007, 04:29 PM

Hey guys,

Mark Twain is legendary for his lack of self-control. He had not only a gift for writing (I think he's terrible), but he also had a side of venom that he violently spewed toward the world, writing a series of letters that would normally cut ties to all friendships. Oddly, the friends never held these letters against him. Did they just shrug there shoulders and say, "Well, that's Samuel for you?"

Missus Twain would wake up early in the morning, before the post man came, and check the mail, secretly opening all the letters, and removing the bad papers. Apparently, it was cheaper to spend the penny on the stamp and let Mr. Twain rant and feel better, than get into the conversation about how he should try, just try to possess better self-control.

I just wrote an upset e-mail but did not send it, but I kept it as a draft, because I really want to send it out.

Anyone besides me ever do this kind of thing?

If I copy/paste it, would the Lounge be willing to help me edit and rephrase it?

And yes, I have been miserable and in a bad mood for a month now.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

Mark Twain is legendary for his lack of self-control. He had not only a gift for writing (I think he's terrible), but he also had a side of venom that he violently spewed toward the world, writing a series of letters that would normally cut ties to all friendships. Oddly, the friends never held these letters against him. Did they just shrug there shoulders and say, "Well, that's Samuel for you?"

Missus Twain would wake up early in the morning, before the post man came, and check the mail, secretly opening all the letters, and removing the bad papers. Apparently, it was cheaper to spend the penny on the stamp and let Mr. Twain rant and feel better, than get into the conversation about how he should try, just try to possess better self-control.

I just wrote an upset e-mail but did not send it, but I kept it as a draft, because I really want to send it out.

If I copy/paste it, would the Lounge be willing to help me edit and rephrase it?

And yes, I have been miserable and in a bad mood for a month now.

[/ QUOTE ]
gogogogo
Old 12-01-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I've done that kind of thing before. Copy/paste it for us. We want to see it!

and of course we will be willing to help you edit it.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:33 PM

I hope I get a gun for christmas.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:37 PM

Okay, The Lounge, I am smiling because you guys are going to make me feel better. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Entitled: [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

To (some chick, okay?)

I know that you are sick, and maybe I am over-reacting, and yes, I admit that I can be a bit dramatic at times.

It feels like every time that I call you, you are performing a daunting chore. I always hear you laugh, but it is almost like you can't stand to say hi and you can't wait to get off of the phone. Do you realize how it feel so hear "Oh (damn), what's up, Dave?" I know that we have been e-mailing for four years or however long, but the people that we were when we talked all night on the patio are not the people we are now.

Today, talking to you was even weirder, like yeah, it is okay to talk, but don't hang up although you are sick, but then a friend is coming over. I am also disturbed that I don't get any response to my last e-mail. And lets be honest, this whole year, we have probably only sent each other five e-mails total.

I think that you are giving me a hint, but maybe I am too stupid to see it. I don't know. The reality is that we don't even know each other anymore, and I feel like you think it is too much work to bother. And yes, I am starting to feel that way as well.

This has all been on my mind for the past week. If you don't e-mail me back, I will take that as a cut line. I won't say that I don't care, but I have let closer people go.

Best Wishes.
Dave.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:46 PM

I think we need to soften it a bit. Give her the benefit of the doubt more. I'm in favor of dropping these 2 lines altogether

[ QUOTE ]
I am also disturbed that I don't get any response to my last e-mail. And lets be honest, this whole year, we have probably only sent each other five e-mails total.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to keep the five emails comment maybe say something like - "hey girl, email me more often [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I like hearing from you. It makes my day!"

I don't know, what do the rest of you guys think. Let's help Dave out here, he's been a valuable member of our community. Constructive help is needed.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:31 PM

dave,this is an example of you being upset? i'm impressed.

edit: katy's suggestion is softer, although i don't think this tone is all that harsh to begin with.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dave,this is an example of you being upset? i'm impressed.

edit: katy's suggestion is softer, although i don't think this tone is all that harsh to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: except for the last part. i would remove that b/c it could seal the deal on its own.