Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-09-2007, 11:56 AM

Default WPEX/WSEX Official Monthly Thread October/November (13 of 13)

I thought the central thread worked well. As Mike Haven wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
Owing to continued demand, once again we have a central thread for questions, suggestions, complaints, and general discussion about WSEX.

Keeping everything in one thread helps everyone interested in WSEX to find full information, and those not interested know which thread not to read, so thank you for supporting the idea.

The WSEX GM makes a point of reading this thread every day or two, whereas he doesn't have time to search for individual comment threads scattered about the forum. If you want to be sure he sees your questions, etc, then you should post here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The previous central WPEX thread is here.

In another thread 707782 wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
WSEX got to make their security system better. Password can not be longer than 8 characters? To change password, no need to confirm old password? No email send to confirm?

Please...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100% 707. This and the marketing are easily the most important things to focus on, IMO. We've heard that the marketing is getting ready to kick in, but we haven't heard much from the GM on the security front.

Unacceptable security practices at WPEX/WSEX

1) Username and password are sent in the clear, unencrypted, from the main WSEX page. The link to a secure login is there, but the words 'secure log-in' may unfortunately make some users think the boxes there on the front page are secure.

2) Customer service asks for password over the phone. There is no reason that customer service should EVER have access to unencrypted passwords.

3) The items noted by 707 above.

Items 1 and 3 should be top priority for your software guys, IMO, WSEX GM.

2 should also be high priority, and can be solved by changing practices and making sure passwords are only stored as encrypted strings on your servers. I can see the need to maintain phone service, but ID over the phone should consist of other information than password.

I hope you will take this seriously, because someone's account is bound to get compromised otherwise.

Thank you,
Benjamin <-- not quite an expert, but I did take a graduate level course in computer security.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: WPEX/WSEX Official Monthly Thread October/November (13 of 13)

The good news is that I got a check in eight days via airmail.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 AM

Looks like things have been picking up lately. They have apparently turned off the doomswitch, as I have ran $1.20 into $45 (no freerolls either, yo- all cash play). Fred should spam the piss out of all the people that have left, citing a graph of my progress as evidence that it is safe to return.

In all seriousness, another "Grease the Wheel" campaign ought to be in order soon. WPX has made some mistakes, but at least they have been willing to listen. It sure would be nice to see the snowball finally start to roll.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fred should spam the piss out of all the people that have left

[/ QUOTE ]

Spam departed players bragging about all the improvements, and offer a reload bonus: guaranteed significant bump in traffic.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Security

#1 easy security fix: remove the login textboxes from the main page. Leave the 'Secure Log-in' link prominently displayed.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Temp 100% Rakeback

Contemporaneous thread

I like the suggestions to change wording of adverts from 'rakeback' to 'we pay you to play poker'. Getting rid of 'rakeback' has been suggested before. It's such a dead word compared to alternatives like 'bonus' or 'pay'.

How about 'Biggest Bonus in Poker!' With the last weekly high earn: 'WPEX_grl' earned $4,500 in Bonus last week!'
Old 10-14-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Temp 100% Rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
Contemporaneous thread

I like the suggestions to change wording of adverts from 'rakeback' to 'we pay you to play poker'. Getting rid of 'rakeback' has been suggested before. It's such a dead word compared to alternatives like 'bonus' or 'pay'.

How about 'Biggest Bonus in Poker!' With the last weekly high earn: 'WPEX_grl' earned $4,500 in Bonus last week!'

[/ QUOTE ]

I made that suggestion some months ago. A very effective, cheap/free marketing device would be to have a weekly and yearly rakeback leader board.

Casual players would be stunned to see that its not only possible, but commonplace, to save thousands each week and tens of thousands each year by playing WPX.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A very effective, cheap/free marketing device would be to have a weekly and yearly rakeback leader board.

Casual players would be stunned to see that its not only possible, but commonplace, to save thousands each week and tens of thousands each year by playing WPX.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent suggestion, jfk.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:29 AM

agreed. a rakeback leaderboard would be awesome. you could then even give some kind of small prize to top finisher(s) every week/month or whatever. Obviously something small, the idea is not for you to lose money but to market well. Actually, since the highest rakeback would always be the higher stakes regulars, it'd probably be best if it was some small prize spread across the top25 or something.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:23 PM

Seems like the 100% Rakeback promo is generating some traffic, 5 full NL100 running now. Its not many, but its more then normal.