Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: $225- why do I always get the toughest decisions in my one $200 SN

[ QUOTE ]
Quit being a nit

Dont think about folding here unless you KNOW your range is crushed

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf Im retarded and missed the monotone board, I think a fold is in order.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF this is such an easy fold... calling here is sososososo bad. Like its not close. I can't believe good players are advocating a call here.

I also might check flop. For people wondering why its such a trivially easy fold. Consider your equity vs better hands consider your equity vs worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy is an unknown. Unknowns get it here with a ten with no diamond and lower pocket pairs with a diamond. With the overlay I don't think there's any logical range for an unknown that can make this a fold let alone a trivial easy one.

If you plan on folding to a shove, I'd just check behind on this flop. Vs unknowns I think betting and calling a shove is correct.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fist pump. Guy who don't play HSSNGs underestimate the retardness of people in high buyin SNGS. There are still tons of complete retards he can have tons of stupid diamonds and stuff call. A race here isn't a race there is a ton of overlay.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT (I call here too) ... he can also have random tens, other PPs, ettc

[ QUOTE ]
shhhhhhhhhhhh everyone's supposed to think that everything above the 27s is unbeatable due to perfect play by everybody

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-26-2007, 03:19 AM

Default Re: $225- why do I always get the toughest decisions in my one $200 SNG?

Expecting him to have a set near 50% of the time here is ridiculous. Most people are making a much smaller raise with a set. Against a random, I wouldn't be surprised to see a diamondless 10, or worse pp. I also pretty much never expect a flush here. You're basically flipping against Adx. I think it's close, but I think you can wait for a better spot.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:25 AM

FWIW If we are bet/folding the flop I think we should check it.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:34 PM

WTF I'm bumping this how can anyone advocate a call here. Its so bad. If you are behind you have 5% equity if your ahead you have 50% equiyt.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF I'm bumping this how can anyone advocate a call here. Its so bad. If you are behind you have 5% equity if your ahead you have 50% equiyt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are smoking something if you think we are only getting it in at 5% or 50%. Unknowns are so bad it's not funny.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are smoking something if you think we are only getting it in at 5% or 50%. Unknowns are so bad it's not funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its pretty hard for him to shove a hand that doesn't have over 40%
It still might be a call depending on how NFD heavy you think his range is and if he can shove hands like JJ no diamond or 10x no diamond which are the few hands you have more then 60% against.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The "random internet donk factor" is something you always have to take into consideration on hands like this one. Tx no diamond (or worse) isn't unhead of. Of course, wanting to call in marginal-to-bad spots like this and over-rationalizing it with the "random internet donk factor" is a dangerous thing to do as well. But that factor is relevant, esp. in donk-n-goes. People do do stupid crazy [censored] for (seemingly) no logical reason.

So I guess I sort of agree with both of you.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: $225- why do I always get the toughest decisions in my one $200 SNG?

pretty gross spot. and suzzer, what is up with opening the pot to 60? is that more standard at the higher buyins?

call/fold like pretty close to me. i dont think you are behind too often, and there is a pretty nice overaly. you are a 52/48 dog to KdTc and i think you will be up against something in that range very often.