Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-25-2007, 04:45 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Stats thread**

open more from CO/BTN obv
Old 11-25-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to play a 30/15 at least on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit
Old 11-25-2007, 06:25 AM

Thanks guys. What kind of hands, aside from legitimate ones obv, do you raise with from CO/BTN when there are one or more limpers in the pot?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:13 AM

When the limpers are bad, raise up hands that have the potential to flop monsters i.e. SCs and small pairs. There is probably no more profitable position to be in at small stakes games than to be reasonably deep and have a bunch of players who play very poorly postflop limp to your button with garbage that will get them in trouble, you raise it up with your T8 suited or whatever, and have them all just call. You've got a big pot with best position and players who know nothing about adjusting for hand values in large multiway pots. If you've got one really bad player at your table try to isolate with almost any two cards (throw away the real no-hopers like 83 / T2 / 94 etc.) It's very rare to have the nitty regular TAGs adjust and start coming over the top of you reading your raise for what it is - and you want to play as many (preferably raised) pots as possible against the worst players as that's where most of your EV should come from. If it's folded to you OTB you should be opening a very wide range unless the blinds are competent which is unlikely.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When the limpers are bad, raise up hands that have the potential to flop monsters i.e. SCs and small pairs. There is probably no more profitable position to be in at small stakes games than to be reasonably deep and have a bunch of players who play very poorly postflop limp to your button with garbage that will get them in trouble, you raise it up with your T8 suited or whatever, and have them all just call. You've got a big pot with best position and players who know nothing about adjusting for hand values in large multiway pots. If you've got one really bad player at your table try to isolate with almost any two cards (throw away the real no-hopers like 83 / T2 / 94 etc.) It's very rare to have the nitty regular TAGs adjust and start coming over the top of you reading your raise for what it is - and you want to play as many (preferably raised) pots as possible against the worst players as that's where most of your EV should come from. If it's folded to you OTB you should be opening a very wide range unless the blinds are competent which is unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot! I'm gonna start including this in my game. I have been raising any PP in these situations, but mostly just limping along with my SCs if there's been a couple of limpers before me.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:48 AM

FWIW
read the pokertracker post by pokey and analyze your SCs and OSCs. I play much more profitabley when i raise them preflop instead of limping.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:54 AM

Just make sure you play better than them postflop and don't mind variance. Playing like this will dramatically increase variance while only marginally increase EV which can be unsettling if you're used to lower swings. You're going to need to put a lot more effort into reading hands too - but it's fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] - playing standard TAG in these games however is almost as profitable and takes a lot less effort. Plus you're much less likely to make mistakes - this is very useful when you're multitabling or can't concentrate fully for some reason. This has been outlined in a great pooh-bah/CT post in the sticky. Also, if you're opening up your game don't do it all at once - seriously, this is bad because it's easy to get lost playing completely differently. Just raise a few hands you wouldn't normally raise first. And then add more if you want and you feel comfortable with the extra decisions you'll have to make.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:53 AM

I would like to do a 10k stats check

anything blatant, or am I doing alright?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I'm taking steps. 30/15 this week, next week 80/60.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I'm taking steps. 30/15 this week, next week 80/60.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]