Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Blatant Softplay Cheating at Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
btw, to those talking about hole-card viewing at Absolute, I seriously doubt it's happening at the 9 seat $11 sng's. And I certainly have seen no symptoms of that form of cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, that certainly makes it a correct decision to play there...
Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how people play there.

<font color="red"> THEY HAVE [CENSORED] PLAYERS WHO CAN [CENSORED] SEE YOUR [CENSORED] HOLE CARDS THE WHOLE [CENSORED] TIME! THE [CENSORED] CHEATING WAS PERPETRATED BY THE [CENSORED] OWNERS OF THE [CENSORED] OPERATION. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we sure about this or are you just throwing things around...? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was all over the news, though it wasn't the owners, it was an employee trying to show it could be done. Look it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

levelled imo
Old 11-13-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

btw, to those talking about hole-card viewing at Absolute, I seriously doubt it's happening at the 9 seat $11 sng's. And I certainly have seen no symptoms of that form of cheating.

Both players money'd, of course, so.... Absolute should give their winnings to the other players at the table, but I'm not holding my breath.

What other major websites still accept U.S. players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not worth it to cheat at a 50+5? hmmmmm probably not, what about a 100+9.....well better chance.

What about when they get hit by a major fraud ring, dont have enough money to cover their deposits.....hmm maybe they have enough morals to just walk away with the remaining money and let the player hold the bag. Owners who claim they had more morals than absoulute have done it in the past.

US players can play at Poker Stars ,Full Tilt, Cake, and many others
Old 11-13-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are making a bit too much of this.

The guy may have mis-read his hand and thought he had Q high.
He may have been multi tableing and not paying attention.
He may have hit the wrong button.
He may be a donk.
He may be the guy who complained about Omaha cheating in the other thread. Perhaps he thought you could only use 1 hole card here.

If there was any kind of soft play or collusion he would simply bet out and win by a fold.

I know this is AP but lets not read too much into what seems like poor play or mis-reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a reasonable assumption, but before he folded, he chatted "yur lucky" and afterwards, the other guy said thanks and they both lol'd. Yes, they are idiots, but it's still softplaying and shouldn't be tolerated.

I agree that if it were collusion then he would have bet out and the other guy would have folded. But there was no one else in the hand to collude against; it wasn't collusion. It was softplaying, which is bad in a different way.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Both players money'd, of course, so.... Absolute should give their winnings to the other players at the table, but I'm not holding my breath.

What other major websites still accept U.S. players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not worth it to cheat at a 50+5? hmmmmm probably not, what about a 100+9.....well better chance.

What about when they get hit by a major fraud ring, dont have enough money to cover their deposits.....hmm maybe they have enough morals to just walk away with the remaining money and let the player hold the bag. Owners who claim they had more morals than absoulute have done it in the past.

US players can play at Poker Stars ,Full Tilt, Cake, and many others

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks--which site has the most players these days?

I think you are probably right about the take-the-money-and-run possibility. I withdrew most of mine 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a reasonable assumption, but before he folded, he chatted "yur lucky" and afterwards, the other guy said thanks and they both lol'd. Yes, they are idiots, but it's still softplaying and shouldn't be tolerated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are quite right and I apologise for not reading your OP properly – I obviously just skimmed the initial paragraph and just looked at how the hand played out.

It does look like a softplay I must agree. I think the site (if it were honest – haha) would most likely warn the players in question if they have no history of doing this before. It probably did not alter the outcome of that hand. You had folded anyway to a legitimate bet and most likely the player with the pair would have folded to a bet on the river.

It is not right but a warning is correct if no history before. I posted a while ago when I thought I had been cheated by collusion on PokerStars. However, by the end of my thread I had changed my view to replies from posters here pointing out I was being a little too picky.

Right to report it though.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks--which site has the most players these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars
Old 11-13-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how people play there.

<font color="red"> THEY HAVE [CENSORED] PLAYERS WHO CAN [CENSORED] SEE YOUR [CENSORED] HOLE CARDS THE WHOLE [CENSORED] TIME! THE [CENSORED] CHEATING WAS PERPETRATED BY THE [CENSORED] OWNERS OF THE [CENSORED] OPERATION. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

rakeback + bonus &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; hysteria

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine...but why would someone make a post on 2+2 advertising the fact that you're still playing at AP? And a post whining about getting cheated there, no less!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is against our policy to reveal anything about another player or a player’s hand,

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be a new policy.