Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: So I guess Stars isn\'t asking to show hole cards at FT\'s anymore.

[ QUOTE ]
But you don't have to play the Sunday Million in the first place....nobody makes you play it. If it bothers you that much then don't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's such a lame argument...of course Stars has us by the balls on this, but that doesn't make it right...we've been playing the Stars million for years with no stipulation about final table hole cards, and now they switch it up for their own good without providing any benefit to their customers/regulars.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 PM

If you dont like it go play on Absolute. I'm sure they wont show your hole cards.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:32 PM

Perhaps it's related to people getting anxious about SuperUser accounts? So Stars wants the FT of the biggest tournament to be beyond any suspicion.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you dont like it go play on Absolute. I'm sure they wont show your hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
The thread went for over 24 hours before someone made an Absolute joke? What's the world coming to?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think its kind of wrong to tack on this requirement without giving anything in return to the players?

[/ QUOTE ]

they are putting up 1 million guaranteed
Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But you don't have to play the Sunday Million in the first place....nobody makes you play it. If it bothers you that much then don't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's such a lame argument...of course Stars has us by the balls on this, but that doesn't make it right...we've been playing the Stars million for years with no stipulation about final table hole cards, and now they switch it up for their own good without providing any benefit to their customers/regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree that this is a huge injustice to the great players who make it to the FT, I mean I'm pretty sure Jamie Gold would still be crushing if they didn't make him show his hole cards to all the world.

I really have no idea why people are getting upset by this...I think some of you guys just like to bitch no matter what.

First, this will help with multi-accounting, especially people taking over for others late in the tourney. It's very hard for Stars security to notice the subtle changes in the way someone is playing, whereas for experienced players, and often people who were playing with said person earlier, it's much easier. Things they would never notice are painfully obvious to you guys, and a lot of the time you've suspected stuff even without the hole cards. So, it will help with the integrity of the game, even if that isn't their intention.

Additionally, who is at a sunday million final table usually? A bunch of pretty bad players. So, for an experienced player, you'll be playing a pretty ABC game, since if you try to think above about the third level it's gonna be lost on everyone there anyway. I can see where this would be a problem if they did it in the 109r, or 1k or something, but here I don't think it would be giving up very much information about your game.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 AM

They're obviously partnering with stoxpoker to sell the videos. fkn stars
Old 11-06-2007, 03:07 AM

if they never showed any hole cards...i think jamie gold's game would've been respected more...and i think his later results would've been better as players would've feared him more for being unpredictable...instead of just knowing that he's a bluffing machine w/o much intricate thought and with some obv. physical/verbal tells.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not a big deal, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think its kind of wrong to tack on this requirement without giving anything in return to the players? What's the basis for being forced to reveal your hole cards in an online final table? Obviously it's a great marketing attraction for the site, so it'd be nice if they gave us something in return. Certainly they don't have to, and, since they hold all the strings, probably won't. In any case, it seems uncharacteristic and unfair of Stars to implement this sort of thing, and it doesn't sit well with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, another misstep imo... when i chopped the sunday million i said no but that they should offer players some incentive to do so - they already rake 100k off of it, wanting a free marketing tool as well going too far.

Perhaps if everyone emailed them to object they would reconsider?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:46 AM

To you guys that want some sort of compensation, what do you think this should be?