Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: 400NL: AQ OOP on A high board vs aggression

I hate smooth calling in the worst position at the table. 3betting is better info I think, although after 3betting I'm getting all in when the ace hits.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AK, AA, KK, 77 beat us here, AQ for a tie, maybe even AQc with a nut flush draw. Villain is 13/10, I don't think he is firing a third barrel with hands like TT - QQ. Only hand we beat is AJ. I would not like to play for stacks here and that is what might very well happen with another PSB on the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - and his stats suggest that he is TAP - this is not very passive after the flop which scares me.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:19 PM

OP didn't say how many hands he had on villain.

He would need thousands for these numbers to mean much IMO.

14.42 WtSD%, 33.33% W$aSD
Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 PM

I'm in the 3 bet PF camp.

We have an SPR of 7 on the flop which makes this hand sucky. I think given the way you played it, I'd turn this hand into a bluff on the flop. I think this is the cheapest way to get away from this hand if you have to. I'm thinking either donk the flop or c/r the flop. Either way accomplishes the same thing imo; however, the donk is cheaper. I think I lead for like 3/4 on the flop and I fold to any further action. This is about all I can think of here. I think this scenario shows why callig PF here kinda stinks.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP didn't say how many hands he had on villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meant to include this in the original post. I have 900 hands with villain.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 PM

What throws me off a bit is the BB's call preflop. He did get 3:1. What hands would he enter with?

I would not give the CO raise much respect, but worry about BB. Once BB checked & CO CB, I would be inclined to c/r and adjust based on their replies.

As played, OP left himself with a difficult decision. CO either has 2-pair (AK, A7, K7), a set of 7s, or air. He may semibluff a FD, but I doubt it.

With 900 hands, Villain should also know your VPIP/PFR/AF. He could easily have you tabbed as a FD, weak A, or a Mid PP. Some will take lines to build a big pot then steal with a huge bluff. If I have seen this line before from villain, along with believing he has put me on the above hands, I would think about pushing here. Without knowing if oppt is capable of playing that line, I'd be inclined to fold.

The hardest thing for me to do in Poker is trust my reads, especially in a big pot. It's one thing to come up with a hypothesis, but quite another to put $160 behind it.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:32 PM

3 bet pre, blind caller makes this a good squeeze, as played there is fd on the flop, and i dont think u get pushed on by anything u beat, so i like check riase most of the time, and depending on opponent re-evaluate on the turn. I know this is a WA/WB situation, so check call seems ok, but its so hard to get value, and so hard to play oop its best to just put him to the test. Check raising hands like this, v v v good for meta game too. If called, id lead turn for 55-60 percent of pot most of the time, sometimes id check and if called im done with the hand
Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 PM

Several people have suggested I should have 3-bet OOP PF. Let's play out the 3-bet scenario.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $360.80
BB: $931.20
UTG: $453.60
UTG+1: $406.00
MP1: $398.00
MP2: $532.80
CO: $411.70
BTN: $104.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $16.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $48.00</font>, Let's assume BB folds and Villain calls the $32 here but that I would have folded to a reraise by Villain. Agree/Disagree?

Pre-flop pot size: $100
Hero's stack size is now: $312.8

With the 3-bet PF line I'm surely going to bet any flop, right? Let's say I bet 2/3 of the pot into Villain. Agree/Disagree?

Flop: ($100) Any Three Cards (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $67</font> leaving $245.8 behind. Villain ?

At this point I'm committed if I've got top pair or better. Otherwise I fold to a raise and shutdown after a call by Villain. Agree/Disagree?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Several people have suggested I should have 3-bet OOP PF. Let's play out the 3-bet scenario.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $360.80
BB: $931.20
UTG: $453.60
UTG+1: $406.00
MP1: $398.00
MP2: $532.80
CO: $411.70
BTN: $104.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $16.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $48.00</font>, Let's assume BB folds and Villain calls the $32 here but that I would have folded to a reraise by Villain. Agree/Disagree?

Pre-flop pot size: $100
Hero's stack size is now: $312.8

With the 3-bet PF line I'm surely going to bet any flop, right? Let's say I bet 2/3 of the pot into Villain. Agree/Disagree?

Flop: ($100) Any Three Cards (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $67</font> leaving $245.8 behind. Villain ?

At this point I'm committed if I've got top pair or better. Otherwise I fold to a raise and shutdown after a call by Villain. Agree/Disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

c-betting frequencies after 3 betting is way more complicated than this imo...it's the one big hole I see time after time again (and it's one of my bigger holes imo)