Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: One of those WTF hands, play along with me

I think we see AJ, JJ or AQ. AJ is probably borderline for him preflop. us having AQ makes me discount that as a holding for villain, JJ looks like a winner. I don't see anything we beat playing this way.

I Fold. Then again if I'm also assuming I'm 12 tabling I likely call. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was one of those hands that was just perplexing all the way through. I think I botched it. I think it's a good play-along hand.

UTG is greg1osu, an OK nitty regular, I have him at 14/10. Button is clearly a donk, but that's all I know.

Start with preflop, which poses one of those really annoying spots:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

<font color="blue">Hero (SB): $204.00</font>
BB: $55.25
<font color="blue">UTG: $327.00</font>
CO: $146.40
<font color="blue">BTN: $123.40</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $8.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $14.00</font>, Hero ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

easy fold
Old 08-28-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK so perhaps folding was best, but I called:

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $204.00
UTG: $327.00
BTN: $123.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $8.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $14.00</font>, Hero calls $13.00, BB folds, UTG calls $6.00

Flop: ($44) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero ????

Plan for the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would definitely lead out here, reasonable size. $30 or so. if UTG folds, i plan to get it in with the idiot. if UTG shows any agression i insta fold. if UTG calls and donk calls, i probably don't put any more money into the pot
Old 08-28-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK I checked the flop, to be met with this lovely action:

<font color="red">UTG raises to $8.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $14.00</font>, Hero calls $13.00, BB folds, UTG calls $6.00

Flop: ($44) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00, UTG calls $4.00

Turn: ($56) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)

Maybe I should c/r the flop when I see that ridiculous $4 but I figure there's no real point -- I'm wa/wb with both btn and utg, and am not going to get called by worse. So I just called. what now?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, as played, raise it up to try and force out UTG, or at least force him to reveal the strength of his hand
Old 08-28-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK so I will just post the rest:

Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $4.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00, UTG calls $4.00

Turn: ($56) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $40.00</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $40.00

River: ($136) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $78.00</font>, Hero ????

Totally lost on turn and river...should I have led either? what?

[/ QUOTE ]

fold the turn, what is he betting here that you beat. fold river, he would probably check behind with AK (i don't know this player, nitty preflop and postflop? does he go nuts with TPTK), and AK is the only hand you beat. i reckon he has AA or TT