Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Blast me.

SB is agressive, 33/19/2.5 but over a VERY small sample (35 hands)... In any case, he cold capped from SB.

Button is very tight, at like 16/16/1, but again a very small sample.

Flop is standard IMO, but the turn absolutely sucks. SB's range has to be TT+, AKo, AKs. Button's flop play makes me think AsXs (where X is Q, J, T). I don the puss suit and check the turn fearing a raise from either player, only to have it get checked thru. Now I'm very confused with the Button's hand here, as it can't be the A high flush draw, and I have the Ks.

Now the river drops the 3rd spade out there, and it's checked to me again... ughhh...

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ???

Edit: OK, so I just realized I'm on my buddy's computer. This is jr4284
Old 09-06-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Blast me.

BET/FOLD

you are specifically trying to get value from sb's JJ/QQ
Old 09-06-2007, 03:47 PM

I think you can probably b/f the turn. As played I value bet the river.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:47 PM

Also, anyone bet this turn?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:52 PM

meh i usually bet the turn too much in spots like this but I wouldn't here. sb could be checking an ace on the turn and the button could easily have one (when it's our action). the river changes everything as they've both been given another shot to bet it, and they'll call us lighter because they know we don't have one.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Ya I bet the turn.

SB has TT and JJ more often than AK. There is only 6 combos of each out there but since SB didnt donk the turn which he should be expected to do sometimes with AK we should discount those slightly.

Button seems to tight to call 2 cold on the flop with AK or AQ or AJ. But he can of course have sets and AT.

I would bet the turn and fold if button raises. If button calls and SB raises I would fold as well. If button folds and SB raises I would prolly get to SD.