Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Final Table $4K GTD - Pocket Eights.

UTG has not been playing extremely loose - standard TAG game, although he is the bigstack. The button is a somewhat trickier player, he likes to make moves a 20/10/4. How should my line be? First off all I didn't wanna raise because that presumably would leave me headsup or threehanded OOP with a difficult to play hand postflop. Moving allin could be a play to make, but I didn't like the risk/reward ratio, especially because we have two smaller stacks on the table (and yes I am somewhat interested in money). What would you guys do on the flop? Bet? Check-raise?, Check-Call? What if I bet or check-raise and get one caller >>> what would I do on the turn then (was the six of clubs).

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t/t
(Ante: t500)
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t60460
UTG+1: t1690608
CO: t198576
Button: t855980
SB: t510616
Hero: t493760

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t20000 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t3000)</font>, CO folds, Button calls t20000 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t23000)</font>, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t3000, 3 players)
Old 07-18-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Final Table $4K GTD - Pocket Eights.

raise it preflop - make it 80000 or ev something more
if this has been a tight table you take the pot most of the times - your out of position postflop so end the hand as early ad possible.

as played you have a very hard decision on the flop, but think this is quite a good time for a c-bet. if you check this flop this hand is over. not likely that it is checked down - and what will you do with a bet and 2 overcards on the board?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:35 AM

i think this is a raise here no question, u have to limpers showin no agrression and theres alot of dead money in that pot, and plus if u raise it then ur taking control of the hand. Then people that do call r more likely to fold to a c/bet unless they smash the flop.

But as played i am definately c/bettin here and if a club or any paint peel i am done wit the hand (im prolly done wit the hand if i get any kind of action)
Old 07-18-2007, 02:49 PM

Thx for the reactions, imagine I would have raised and called in one or two spots, which would make an average pot of 200000; then put 140000 in and fold to any further aggression or if called?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:01 PM

If you are going to raise, make it at least 100k and be happy to stack off on a 94T flop.

Checking is fine here, but its very dependant on the flop of the table.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:17 PM

Yeah 100K to let them see that you are potcommited I guess if the flop comes my way? As said the reason i just checked is because I am still in pretty good shape if I play this hand timidly and moving up the ladder means relative big money to me (risk/reward ratio). If I would have been up against the smaller or equal stacks, I would have raised without a doubt and happy to go all-in. By the way I check folded the flop after a relative big bet, it is maybe weak-tight play, I'm working on that, but I felt my RIO were to big.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 PM

If you are raising 100k why not just push preflop.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are raising 100k why not just push preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people post things like this? Shoving preflop is for like 23 BBs.

What, exactly, is the point of your question?