Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Daniel & Greg to be Buddy Buddy at PokerStars? What a Hoot!

It is starting to look like Daniel may end up at PokerStars. If this does end up happening it would be hilarious. Its no secret that Daniel and Greg Raymer do not like each other.

I think it all started way back when a group of pros, including Raymer, sued the WPT. Daniel, as I recall, stated that he thought this was a foolish thing to do and he and Greg got into a big argument over it.

Also, again as I recall, Daniel posted on his blog that he thought Joe Hachem was the real deal and that even Chris Moneymaker had potential, but he felt that Greg was not really such a great poker player. And of course at last years Nat. Headsup Poker Championship Daniel defeated Greg.

It will be a real hoot to see both Daniel and Greg in a PokerStars ad together, with big smiles on their faces pretending to be friends and teammates. In fact it will be like Gilligan's Island over at Stars if they sign Daniel, with Greg as the Skipper and Daniel as his "little buddy" Gilligan.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Daniel & Greg to be Buddy Buddy at PokerStars? What a Hoot!

Well...there is this thing that some people have called 'adulthood'. I wonder if this could play into the scenario you have described.
I work along side people I don't like every day. I suppose I could go to my Company and demand that they fire everyone I dislike, but somehow I get the feeling that just wouldn't work.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:21 PM

If Daniel signs up to join that rigged [censored]' site, I will lose a lot of respect for his integrity. Seriously - I don't troll about and complain about "riggedness," but then again, it took me about 1K hands to realize something is just not right about PS in general.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously - I don't troll about and complain about "riggedness," but then again, it took me about 1K hands to realize something is just not right about PS in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played on stars a while back and quit becuase of the rediculous BS suckouts. Changed to AP and a couple others. Just for the heck of it I started playing on it again a few weeks ago. I've been getting crushed by people who play like they are drooling on themselves. Back to AP and FTP for me. [censored] you pokerstars. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 PM

lol so players say stars is rigged I luv it
Old 05-02-2007, 03:00 PM

PS is obv rigged in my favor then. Thanks for the WSOP seat last year. FT sucks since I bubbled for my seat last year there.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:01 PM

I don't whine about this usually either, and in fact I won overall on Stars donkaments, but I noticed that shortly after the new US legislation, the number of ridiculous suckouts (in general in hands that I saw shown down, not just against me) spiked right up. It's as if they wanted to keep the idiots from losing their money to maintain a high number of customers. So I cashed out, bought a new plasma and only play live now. ;-)
Old 05-02-2007, 03:07 PM

Not a big deal. Just look at our House of Representatives or Senate. Can't have a group who disagree more than that and still operate.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't whine about this usually either, and in fact I won overall on Stars donkaments, but I noticed that shortly after the new US legislation, the number of ridiculous suckouts (in general in hands that I saw shown down, not just against me) spiked right up. It's as if they wanted to keep the idiots from losing their money to maintain a high number of customers. So I cashed out, bought a new plasma and only play live now. ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Could it not just be post legislation the games got tougher and your using the bad beat excuse to disguise the fact you actually suck, really really suck, really really really suck, a lot.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quality first post. Grade A Prime.