Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: CYE episode 10/14

great ep , i like the scene where leon and larry are lying to each other ,,,[censored] hilarious ..
Old 10-15-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Def best episode of the season. Over the top, sure. Hilarious, definitely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agreed, and as for the Farley thing, I'm leaning towards thinking he was supposed to be gay, mainly because of that shot where Larry comes down the stairs romantically, but not sure, awkward as hell either way.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The reason I didn't really care for this episode is because so much of the episode doesn't really make a lot of sense as normal behavior or even common sense. For example Suzy flipping out when Larry stepped on that spider and made a big scene. I can't imagine anybody making as big of a deal about is Suzy dude, even for being the psycho that she is.

Another example is Hal interpreting LD's hand drying motions under a hand dryer as him communicating sign language which Hal knows LD isn't familliar with. It just doesn't make any sense. Then LD tries to apologize on the phone later in the episode and Leon has his phone on accident and Hal thinks it's Larry? I mean, I get the joke, it's just ridiculously over the top and unrealistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever watched the show before this season??

That's so typical for this show IMO. People react ridiculously to what LD does. The abnormality of the reaction is what makes the show good, among other things.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:59 PM

yeah i loved this episode. this and the roadside flower memorial episode tied for best of the season.

i also loved the last 2 seasons of seinfeld more than the earlier ones by FAR, so take that was you will.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:22 PM

Very good ep.

I think Farley was supposed to be gay without a doubt.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:38 PM

Definitely gay. The joke was in the subtlety.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The reason I didn't really care for this episode is because so much of the episode doesn't really make a lot of sense as normal behavior or even common sense. For example Suzy flipping out when Larry stepped on that spider and made a big scene. I can't imagine anybody making as big of a deal about is Suzy dude, even for being the psycho that she is.

Another example is Hal interpreting LD's hand drying motions under a hand dryer as him communicating sign language which Hal knows LD isn't familliar with. It just doesn't make any sense. Then LD tries to apologize on the phone later in the episode and Leon has his phone on accident and Hal thinks it's Larry? I mean, I get the joke, it's just ridiculously over the top and unrealistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so typical for this show IMO. People react ridiculously to what LD does. The abnormality of the reaction is what makes the show good, among other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I own every season of CYE and have seen them all several times. The situations are supposed to be ridiculous, to a degree. But in previous seasons they actually make sense and I could see a lot of the situations and the reactions to LD happening irl. This latest episode not so much, everything is way too over the top, even for CYE.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:54 PM

Pretty, pretty, pretty, good.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I own every season of CYE and have seen them all several times. The situations are supposed to be ridiculous, to a degree. But in previous seasons they actually make sense and I could see a lot of the situations and the reactions to LD happening irl. This latest episode not so much, everything is way too over the top, even for CYE.

[/ QUOTE ]

but so there were two scenes that were very meh and the rest ridiculous and very funny and that makes a bad episode? some of you guys have insanely high demands for a comedy.

very funny episode imo. ld is incredible.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but so there were two scenes that were very meh and the rest ridiculous and very funny and that makes a bad episode? some of you guys have insanely high demands for a comedy.

very funny episode imo. ld is incredible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I counted four or five. It's only a half hour show, also.