Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Bizarre injuries you\'ve suffered

this one's not as "bizarre," but when i was 12 my dad brought some liquid nitrogen from work for us to play with at church (he may be the only person in the world who has ever done that). he'd pour it out on the floor a bit at a time. i wanted to save a little bit for later, so i scooped it into a 20 oz pop bottle and screwed on the cap. i was holding it in both hands next to my stomach when it went off. it was loud as [censored] and scared the hell out of me. i was picking pieces of plastic out of my hands for like 15 minutes. still have all my fingers.

also, you can add me to the list of people who carry around a pencil lead. mine's in my knee. seems really common.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:43 AM

When I was in high school, I bruised my kidney, two ribs, and my pelvic bone and had no clue what happened. I played football with friends that day, dove a couple times, and later that night, had a pain in my side that got worse and grew to span from my knee to my ribs.

I dislocated my left pinky playing touch football - reached for the guy, caught his foot on the finger. I re-set it and went on with life, but it still hurts to this day (15 years later).

Oh - one more. Right after high school, at a family reunion, I drive a four-wheeler for the first time. I'm having trouble steering it, and end up choosing to go towards a barbed wire fence, instead of a lake. I hit the fence, the 4-wheeler shut off, and I have the one back wheel sitting on my heel, with my toes on the ground.

So, I'm trying to lift it off, and can't get leverage. Finally, brother and cousin come help. I go to the car and change my shirt and try to act like nothing happened. I laid open my side pretty well, and cut up some fingers, but didn't have any real injuries.

I forgot this - in 3rd grade, I went roller skating with the boy scouts. I had to pee, so I go in on my skates, and slip. I reach out instinctively, and catch a crack on the side of the urinal and cut my fingers. I look down, see they're bleeding and go to the sink to wash them. At that point, I learned just how much your skin protects you from pain. Then, I went and got like 13 stitches in 2 fingers.

When I was 3, I was running through the house with my hands over my butt, thinking I was about to get spanked, tripped and fell, busted my head open. I went to my Mom and told her I needed a bandaid, and she took me to get stitches.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:50 AM

Xaston,

nice avatar.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:53 AM

I tripped on a curb and fell on my face on my birthday while drunk and broke my jaw in 3 places. I woke up in the hospital hooked up to an IV as the doctors were trying to sober me up for surgery and I don't remember anything. I rule.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:54 AM

If I yawn too hard/long it hurts my jaw. It feels as if my muscles under my tounge are going on top of each other, which they aren't supposed to do.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I yawn too hard/long it hurts my jaw. It feels as if my muscles under my tounge are going on top of each other, which they aren't supposed to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whaaat this happens to me, too, but I always just think I am going crazy. Perfect description, going on top of each other, and honestly it's kinda scary each time, but then it goes away and I forget about it until the next one.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:05 AM

The most serious injury I've ever suffered was peeling my finger with a potato peeler when I was like 7. It's not that bizarre or unlikely, but [censored] goddamn it hurt. And it bled like no injury I've ever seen. There is a surprising amount of blood in fingers.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:54 AM

I wrestled in high school, and once had to have 27 stitches in my tongue. I had a bad habit of sticking my tongue out when concentrating (completely cured as of this incident).

I was in a match against some scrub and was snapping his head down, after quite a few snaps he popped his head back up, caught me under the chin and I damn near bit my tongue off.

I had to have emergency surgery on my tongue, which was still attached by a thread. I have had many broken bones (arms, legs, ankles, fingers etc. ) and never had experienced any pain like that of biting my tongue off.

For more that a week my tongue was swollen to the point that I was unable to close my mouth, it was sticking out about an inch and a half. Hello ovaltine.

There is still a big chunk of the bottom of my tongue missing where it sewn back on.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:10 AM

Back in like 10th grade we used to f around with this fillet knife when we were getting baked at my buddies house. We would usually just kind of toss it down and it would stick in his floor. It was always lying around and we would sharpen the thing to a razor edge.

Fast forward to a drunken latenight and the knife turned up so we were tossing it into the floorand ended up sticking it in one of my buddies' shoes(Not on his foot) we thought that was hilarious for some reason. The knife ended up in my hands and I threw it at the floor really hard only it didn't stick. The blade was really flexible and the thing ricocheted back and flew right by my hand like a bullet. I looked down at my hand and it was bleeding. It has sliced thru the area between my index finger and thumb and gashed me wide open.

I ended up having two surgeries because of that, it had sliced clean thru the ligament. It was so nasty looking when it happened, the only thing I can compare it to is a split open hot dog from the microwave. I still have an inch long scar right there next to the knuckle of my index finger.

I have some other crazy ones I might write up.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:05 AM

Let's see

3 or 4 years old I put my hand in the vacuum cleaner and suffered a 2nd degree burn on the lowest part of my ring finger, I can't straighten that finger out totally.

When I was in 3rd or 4th grade I was climbing a tree in my friend's forest. I fell off about 20 feet up, branches cut me up a lot on the way down, one very long cut on shin that needed 12 stitches. Then I landed on a piece of branch sticking out of the ground, it went straight into the top of my knee, about 3 inches in, luckily my shorts caught on branch and I was just hanging there. The scar on my knee looks really weird.