Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What WR's do I play(3)
Ro. Williams @ MIn 12 25.00%
E. Kennison @ Ari 5 10.42%
H. Ward @ SD 7 14.58%
A. Bryant Vs Oak 10 20.83%
R. Brown Vs Dal 3 6.25%
Re. Williams Vs NYJ 10 20.83%
M. Furrey @ Min 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:55 AM

Default Re: ***SSSH Official NC/LC Thread September***

[ QUOTE ]
GVasa, what did UTG have in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

HH doesn't say.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: *NSFW*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I admit, I usually give quite a bit of credit to flop cappers unless I know for sure that they're complete retards.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's .25-.50 and he coldcalled, so I'm not giving him too much credit. QQ is a pretty hand.

But if we ignore the coldcall issue and it were much higher, the button raise means a pair to get the BB out, therefore the hero 3-bet means a king, therefore the button cap means AK or a A-high diamond draw or something straight-ish like QJ diamond or even a made hand that might want to see the river for cheap, and pay off there, but would make a correct fold to a turnbet.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's 0.25/0.50 which means that he can have just about any two cards when calling preflop but usually has something when he goes nuts on the flop/turn.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I admit, I usually give quite a bit of credit to flop cappers unless I know for sure that they're complete retards.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's .25-.50 and he coldcalled, so I'm not giving him too much credit. QQ is a pretty hand.

But if we ignore the coldcall issue and it were much higher, the button raise means a pair to get the BB out, therefore the hero 3-bet means a king, therefore the button cap means AK or a A-high diamond draw or something straight-ish like QJ diamond or even a made hand that might want to see the river for cheap, and pay off there, but would make a correct fold to a turnbet.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's 0.25/0.50 which means that he can have just about any two cards when calling preflop but usually has something when he goes nuts on the flop/turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree, and that's why I said "unless you think his flop action tremendously narrows his range" in response to you. Anyways I was defending my original response to the hand but I already covered this point there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have played very little 0.25/0.50 but given that he went nuts w/bottom pair, no draw, I'm not gonna assume any rationality from the average player in the future. Btw, he was 25/5/0.7 after about 100 hands.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have played very little 0.25/0.50 but given that he went nuts w/bottom pair, no draw, I'm not gonna assume any rationality from the average player in the future. Btw, he was 25/5/0.7 after about 100 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then using this hand as a basis for reading hands on this guy seems like a very very dangerous thing to do. When you're developing your reads don't take the one hand they play like a maniac as an indicator for their overall play.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then using this hand as a basis for reading hands on this guy seems like a very very dangerous thing to do. When you're developing your reads don't take the one hand they play like a maniac as an indicator for their overall play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know of some guys that always play the first hand or 2 like a maniac when they sit down to establish an image. It's funny because it's microstakes, which means most people won't even notice and the ones that do will adapt quickly. So, all you do is waste a bunch of money every time you sit down at a table and then have to make that up with meta.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
obv turn cap is too much ldo. laughable lol. like he ever has anything but a better 9 or a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles, your biggest problem is that you assume everyone else is "as smart as you think you are." Because he never ever ever has an overpair or cheese there. Right.

[/ QUOTE ]
wow, rofl.

c'mon. i stab at you and others when i think you make clearly incorrect plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I know, I know. My only weaknesses are angry and tilty. Sorry
Old 09-06-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Video

OK, I just made my 1st limit vid for review - 4 tabling 2/4 on Stars... where should I host it? It's 37 minutes long, so somewhat sizeable, but if anyone would like to review it, a little input is always appreciated.

Side note: I actually ran really really well but had a few hands that limited my winnings... finished +10BB (tho i said 9 in vid).
Old 09-06-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Video

I'd love to watch it. More to improve my own game than anything else, but I'll post my thoughts after and you can try to decipher the good advice from the bad. (Similar to every post I make here.) I watched baronzeus's video in the MHSH forum and it generated some good discussion, so maybe we can have similar success here? Are you going to make a new thread for it?

Btw I have no idea where you could host it.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Video

Yeah, I should read the stickies... Hosting it up on megaupload... will post when I'm done.

and I'm not at all saying my play will get the discussion baronz's did.

I am about to post 1 hand from the session that I hated all around.

Edit: This is jr4284... on a friend's computer and forgot to sign him out.
Closed Thread